Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Have you gone through a phase of hating forums and the internet?

.... I'm currently experiencing this whilst I fight medical battles. I'll check into a forum I like (such as here), look at a few threads then just leave. Same with the news - I can only take five minutes before thinking. "So what?"

It doesn't help that I'm on my iPhone as it's pretty useless for forums even with an app. Neither does being in hospital - I'm supposed to be getting better here but I pick up serious infections. Even visitors I can't be bothered with - they act all solicitous and concerned when I describe my disease, but I think they just want to be part of my will. Which they won't be. After expenses everything is going to a cat charity.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Have you gone through a phase of hating forums and the internet?

Sorry to know you are not well, Ffosse.
That's probably a very good reason for you not having much interest in anything. Concentration seems to go by the board in such circumstances, as does the ability to engage with much,and could also be due to any medication you might be taking..
Wishing you improved health soon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Hey Ffosse ... don't analyse it too much

You're probably just not in the mood for forums ... what amused you or usually interests you can seem a load of blather and drivel. You read forum stuff and think .. 'This is important? Why? Did I used to join in with this guff?

It'll pass and you'll soon be posting crap along with the rest of us again.
Meanwhile ... I hope your heath improves soon and you feel more like yourself.
X
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your continuing battles with various illnesses, Ffosse. It must be awful and pretty soul-destroying for you.

The reason you in particular can't be bothered with forums (or much else atm) is because you're fed up. Somehow you need to find different things to occupy yourself with - books, videos, a board game with the nurses (not 'Operation' though!).

On this topic, yes I get bored with forums occasionally and I've kicked many sites into touch over the years. However, despite some issues on OFF I do like it here.
When I get bogged down by forums I switch off and do something else.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:45 AM

sorry you are feeling down. I do prey for you. not at all nice to feel down when everything gets to much.

hopefully you read all our words and relize people do care and if you don't overload yourself and take one thing at a time and don't over think things as when we are down this is of no help. wish I could explain what I mean but I am useless at this typing stuff.

thoughts and preyers are with you.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:57 AM

I'm sorry about your bad health Ffosse.

No I have never hated forums or the internet - but sometimes I've not been interested for a while.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:24 AM

Ffosse, I imagine that in the perspective of your illness, much of what is on the forum and in the news seems trite or inane, which is perfectly understandable.

I have a friend who works as surgeon in war torn areas. We have talked about how having been in parts of the world where there is so much suffering and terrible things going on.

All of the things that used to be part of normal life - reading fiction, watching comedies, crosswords, forums, social media - are not only difficult to participate in, become irritating.

The solution? Just don't participate in what bothers you. Enjoy what holds your interest and keep following that path for a while

...and forgive us our silly ways .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:13 AM

I flounce off the forums on which I post from time to time when I get fed up with them, and then return. There are a few which I have left for good, never to return, because they do my head in.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:15 AM

Hate is a strong word, I don't hate anything.

I dislike forums sometimes, and often start a response and end up deleting it, because actually no one cares a hoot what I say.

SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I flounce off the forums on which I post from time to time when I get fed up with them, and then return. There are a few which I have left for good, never to return, because they do my head in.
I identify with that, one forum in particular I was on has two faced mods. I can't be doing with keyboard bossy boots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top