Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:12 PM

Re: DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

Nom whilst I sympathise with anyone who is genuinely unable to work .... I also never realised the fiddling was as much as you say .... 2 billion! That much?

I'll duck out of this thread as it's becoming the normal diatribe and venting of rancid spleen (not by you I might add) against the current government.

I'd have thought everyone would want benefit fiddlers weeded out. Apparently not.
Once again .. I don't include you in that.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
The actual level of benefit fraud is tiny, much of it can be put down to mistakes by officials.

Yet looking at some posts on here you would think its endemic, it is not.

Most people on benefits are collecting on what they paid into the system when working those on the sick are subjected to scrutiny and are guilty of little more than being unlucky to need help they would rather than have done without.

Meanwhile we still have politicians fiddling their expenses and being found out. How much do they need to fiddle

68% of assessments are currently being turned over on appeal and its been suggested that 120.000 0f people found fit for work have died or committed suicide within a few weeks o being found fit for work.

The system is seriously flawed and being abused for political ends.

Sadly the Tory hate campaign finds fertile ground, demonising the sick, disabled, and poor, among the comfortably numb.
Well said Nom. These assessments for ESA and PIP are humiliating and aimed at getting claimants off benefits and penalise genuinely ill people.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And I for one admire you for that Uj, someone has to stand up for those can't do it themselves.
Forgive me Julie ... I needed a massive sick bucket when I read that one.

You all seem to be getting unjustifiably indignant and het up and vociferously defending claimants in between patting UJ's back .. when no one has actually said that all claimants are fiddlers.
Though it has left some of you appearing to defend all claimants.
Whereas we all know scammers do exist.

Last post on this ... off now to the land of the sane.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Nom whilst I sympathise with anyone who is genuinely unable to work .... I also never realised the fiddling was as much as you say .... 2 billion! That much?

I'll duck out of this thread as it's becoming the normal diatribe and venting of rancid spleen (not by you I might add) against the current government.

I'd have thought everyone would want benefit fiddlers weeded out. Apparently not.
Once again .. I don't include you in that.
I always respect youre posts Morticia, so no problem.

I am neither Left or Right orientated, but it is the present goverment who have this flawed system in place under the guise of Austerity if they went after the firms avoiding paying the Taxes they should be with a similar enthusiasm i would have little cause for grievance, they do not.

Of course there are a few benefit fraudsters, and fiddling firms and politicians, all need to be weeded out.

I doubt that will happen.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:08 PM

Forgive me Julie ... I needed a massive sick bucket when I read that one.

You all seem to be getting unjustifiably indignant and het up and vociferously defending claimants in between patting UJ's back .. when no one has actually said that all claimants are fiddlers.
Though it has left some of you appearing to defend all claimants.
Whereas we all know scammers do exist.

Last post on this ... off now to the land of the sane.
Some people have said just that morti, not you of course. Some would like us to toddle off to the work house when we are too ill to work.

I always think anyone claiming has a reason and I'd always want to find out what that was before shouting scammer. My sister an alcoholic has been on benefit for years, I'd like to see her working but I know she wouldn't cope and would put others in danger. I've worked alongside depressed people forced back into work it's not helpful they shouldn't be there.

And my point earlier you can say everyone's fit to work but try getting an employer to take them on ! They won't take a chance.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 07:43 PM

Mental disability (depression) and another one with spondylitis.

It was a while ago, at least for one of them who I am not in touch with to know about now. I sincerely hope/trust she is still not making a mockery of the system now.
But scammers do exist ... it is a fact ... whether we're talking recent past or now. I have no problem with the government tightening up any testing procedures.
It is long overdue.
Some of the 'scam's that were perpetuated were downright unbelievable... not to mention a kick in the teeth to the genuine claimants.
Thankyou for explaining .
For those not in the know about procedures now ,people claiming illnesses for ESA purposes are called for by , not the DWP but people who have been hired by them to award points . Have you heard of ATOS that company who has earned notoriety for the money it's been paid and the way it's people have handled the job ?
Yes, its all done on points you score now .If you don't score the points needed you don't get awarded a red cent, so that's how it's nigh impossible to scam .

It's of no use claiming depression for instance without supporting written medical evidence and sometimes not even that's taken into account.

Everyone has to attend one of these assessments now and knows they can be seen by a nurse not even qualified to assess their particular illness or reason for claiming that benefit , but it doesn't matter in the long run because as I said it's how many points the computer gives you according to the answer you've given being fed into it by the assessor.

Thousands have been deprived of this benefit some of you will be happy to know, but those ones guided by people such as CAB , Welfare Rights and Disability Rights workers who know their stuff have gone on to appeal as is their right and have had their appeal upheld by a qualified doctor and a judge ruling against the DWP decision.
However this is only awarded for a set amount of time , anything between 6 months and 3 years and then you're called for again . However at present measures are being put in place not to recall certain people .
I'm sure many of you will have read about the wasted money these appeals are costing ?

As I've said earlier some people have been so dejected ,not knowing who to ask to help them that they've taken their lives .
Figures are available should anyone be interested .

Be glad , very glad, that you're not caught up in this system .

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top