Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Then you have no appreciation of the benefit system, go away, research and then come back and debate!!!
I know all about it. Benefit fraudsters are the scum of the earth, their activities ensure there is less money to go round for genuine claimants.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wasn't joking about dying people, I was making a statement.
I thought benefits were stopped if you were in hospital, as you have no need of them there.

I have sympathy with people who are in unfortunate situations through no fault of their own.
So you'd stop a person returning to their home after a hospital stay or their widow or widower from carrying on after they die. Nice really nice.

You obviously have no concept of real life where anyone isn't in your comfortable little bubble. No reason you should I guess but don't assume you are right if you have no knowledge about a topic.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So you'd stop a person returning to their home after a hospital stay or their widow or widower from carrying on after they die. Nice really nice.

You obviously have no concept of real life where anyone isn't in your comfortable little bubble. No reason you should I guess but don't assume you are right if you have no knowledge about a topic.
Seconded.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:50 PM

I know all about it. Benefit fraudsters are the scum of the earth, their activities ensure there is less money to go round for genuine claimants.
Whilst you could have phrased it more diplomatically about people dying in hospital ...you're not wrong.
There are benefit scroungers out there .. and some are brazen about it too, believing the government (us, the taxpayer) are there just to support them.

My sister was one, might still be swinging the lead now for all I know. I'm going back a good 10 years when she claimed mental disability though so presumably the government have tightened up and weeded out those, like her, who are true malingerers.
I can't honestly say she bragged about playing the system either ... she saw it as her right and that the government shouldn't get off scot free in terms of supporting her.
She'd even sit in my lounge and whip out her mobile phone to check her online banking to see that her payments had gone in on time. She was worse than a debt collector.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Whilst you could have phrased it more diplomatically about people dying in hospital ...you're not wrong.
There are benefit scroungers out there .. and some are brazen about it too, believing the government (us, the taxpayer) are there just to support them.

My sister was one, might still be swinging the lead now for all I know. I'm going back a good 10 years when she claimed mental disability though so presumably the government have tightened up and weeded out those, like her, who are true malingerers.
Assessments are very thorough nowadays and quite rightly so.
You need to back up your claim with plenty of medical evidence.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:58 PM

Thank god for that ..a good thing too.
It used to be a right smack in the face to people who worked hard, often on minimum wage, to see her kind milking the system so she could indulge in her annual restocking of her fashion wardrobe every spring.
I was the poor relation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

The trouble is though morti they've gone too far and assume everyone is scamming. It's really heart breaking trying to make a claim and prove you can't work these days. People are tested regularly to see if a leg has miraculously grown back or a lung repaired it's self. Never say you have good days and bad days they assume that means you can do a full time job with no support.

It never was scammers costing a lot motivated this as they spend more testing people than they have got back from those scamming , also they cheat people out of benefits they are entitled to. Say you can't read they send you letters, say you can't speak they ring you on the phone. Anything to stop a claim.

Went to cab myself this morning they are snowed under with people like us new to the system made to feel we are a burden. Also people losing their homes because their money has been slashed.

People like T have no idea what people are going through, just because you are in hospital doesn't mean you don't need a home to come back to or that the entire family are dying it's usually just the one person !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 02:58 PM

The widow or widower aren't entitled to their benefits, anymore than I would be entitled to my husband's benefits if he kicked the bucket.

I have every knowledge of the topic, I don't live in a comfortable little bubble, I live in the real world where things have not been easy for us, anymore than they have for anyone else.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-03-2018, 03:02 PM

The widow or widower aren't entitled to their benefits, anymore than I would be entitled to my husband's benefits if he kicked the bucket.

I have every knowledge of the topic, I don't live in a comfortable little bubble, I live in the real world where things have not been easy for us, anymore than they have for anyone else.
You'd be ok under a bridge most of us would have a little more sympathy for someone in that situation. And yes they would be entitled to it as to be living as a dependant they can make their own claim. Had to do that for my mum. It's an extra strain and so difficult at a time all a person wants to do is grieve.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2018, 03:11 PM

You'd be ok under a bridge most of us would have a little more sympathy for someone in that situation. And yes they would be entitled to it as to be living as a dependant they can make their own claim. Had to do that for my mum. It's an extra strain and so difficult at a time all a person wants to do is grieve.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about where I am concerned, so don't pretend you do!:

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top