Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Please sign this petition regarding Passports

Morning everyone, I don't know whether you felt such anger as I did when learning that the manufacturing of our Blue British Passports due to come into effect once we leave the EU, were awarded to a Dutch/French company named Gemalto, who will be using a factory in Poland to make them.

Now I'm not against European companies bidding against our own country for contracts, The EU would not anyway, allow us to ban European countries from bidding for the passports contract,..... but talk about hypocrisy....unless of course, it is in their own interests.
France, Germany, Spain and Italy ensure their own passports are made in their own countries, due to "security reasons". So how come they insisted on their businesses having the right to bid for British Passports???? And what the hell was our government doing by not citing security as a means to ensure our own company, De La Rue, was given the job of making them. I don't blame the EU company one bit for bidding. They used it as a loss leader to ensure they were the winners.

No, to me, it is our own stupid government that is 100 per cent to blame for this highly offensive decision to award the contract to a joint EU company. Where on earth is their patriotism? Where is their national pride as we face Brexit?

Conservative MP's from all over the country are terribly worried when talking on doorsteps. They are saying that the people are very angry that people in the North East of the country, Gateshead, voted overwhelmingly for Brexit, these are the same people who are now facing losing their jobs because of Amber Rudd's crass decision to as usual, follow EU rules slavishly and award the contract to Europe instead of taking pride at doing it ourselves here in Britain.

Please take a minute to log onto the link below and sign the petition for the Government to reconsider and save those employees jobs in our own country.

Thank you

www.dailymail.co.uk/passports
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Please sign this petition regarding Passports

Hi SG I put this on the other thread too.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hi SG I put this on the other thread too.
Oh crickey Muddy, I am sorry - I was so intent on getting as many people to sign, I haven't even looked. Good on you for being one step ahead. well done indeed. xx
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:26 AM

That's ok the more people see it the better
Although I think De la rue should tell us why it put in such a big tender when there is a difference of £50 million something is wrong .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:28 AM

I think it is crazy that passports are being changed back to blue ones, that is STUPID and a waste of money. I would certainly not sign any petition, let the French have the task.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 11:36 AM

I wont be signing any petition. I dont give a toss what colour piece of cardboard is covering my passport. Such a fuss about nothing...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2018, 11:38 AM

It's not so much the colour Tara it's no longer a European pass port so there is a difference

The thing is de la rue are doing them now so how difficult is it to make some changes without some vast cost ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's ok the more people see it the better
Although I think De la rue should tell us why it put in such a big tender when there is a difference of £50 million something is wrong .
Muddy, I don't think it is that De La Rue bid too high. think it has more to do with the Dutch/French company Gemalto, who have had three profit warnings already this year, being bought out by a large defence company that is a quarter part owned by the French state, prepared to use this tender as a loss-leader, hence being able to tender £120 million less than De La Rue.
Plus the labour costs will be a two-thirds cheaper being made in Poland where the minimum wage is £441 per month compared to £1,232 here in the UK.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Signed!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-03-2018, 12:06 PM

With respect, no way should this work have been passed to Poland. Security alone should have played the major part of keeping this in-house, in the UK. There are so many risks involved by another country being involved. Why else would France, Germany, Spain and Italy not allow outsiders anything to do with their own passports. Only our idiotic, robotic Ministers continue to be in awe of the EU and ever ready to do their bidding.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top