Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:22 PM

Re: Bedtime routine

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Brush teeth and wash, change into pjs or nightie.

Check grace is asleep if not, quick story and lights out.

Check my husband needs anything, Nathan will help with that as he's a bit heavy for me to lift into a sleeping position alone.

Make sure Nathan has what he needs for the morning.

Give Elsie her bedtime biscuit and Betty her cat biscuit.

Set alarm, and collapse with my kindle to try and get to sleep before alarm goes off in the morning. Getting about two hours at the moment.
Aww Julie!!!
Thats nowhere near enough sleep to function On!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Brush teeth and wash, change into pjs or nightie.

Check grace is asleep if not, quick story and lights out.

Check my husband needs anything, Nathan will help with that as he's a bit heavy for me to lift into a sleeping position alone.

Make sure Nathan has what he needs for the morning.

Give Elsie her bedtime biscuit and Betty her cat biscuit.

Set alarm, and collapse with my kindle to try and get to sleep before alarm goes off in the morning. Getting about two hours at the moment.
Hard as it may be & hope you don"t mind me saying ,but you have to give yourself some TLC Julie. Else they will all fall apart.
x
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:33 PM

First of all, I whisper to Cat, bedtime and she runs upstairs.
Then its fold the bed cover down.
Then brush my Teeth and wash my hands.
Make sure everything is turned off properly.
Make sure the Cat has another food in her dish.
Then go to bed with Hubby and the Cat.

Night, Night.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:53 PM

We always had a bed time routine before retirement but not now apart from teeth and hair brushing.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We always had a bed time routine before retirement but not now apart from teeth and hair brushing.
Ooh now that's one thing I don't do..
Brush my hair
Maybe that's why I wake up with that "dragged through a hedge backwards" style
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 05:57 PM

I don't own a hairbrush, a comb is fine as my hair is so short.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Usual ablutions, check for the second time that all plugs have been removed and everything off, repeat the usual mantra that "these stairs will be the death of me" when I reach the top of the stairs, settle my two little boys in their baskets, open the blinds, open the top window, switch my bedside light and my side of the electric blanket off and then snuggle down under the duvet. Very repetitive and boring I'm afraid.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww Julie!!!
Thats nowhere near enough sleep to function On!
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Hard as it may be & hope you don"t mind me saying ,but you have to give yourself some TLC Julie. Else they will all fall apart.
x
I appreciate what you both say but I'm sleeping lightly ready to hear if Steven needs anything, he's having bad nightmares at the moment and I like to get to him before he starts yelling waking everyone else up. He can't help it I think I'd be a basket case if it had happened to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Life in the fast lane eh Meg?
That's me too
Sometimes I have a banana instead of my usual yogurt in the morning
How risky is that?
That is daring Rhian
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 06:30 PM

Start thinking about turning in at 10.00ish. Take dogs out and if it is a nice night go into the park or fields for a stroll. Return and put dogs in the kitchen with their beds, saying night, night, see you in the morning. Turn everything off and go upstairs. Maybe have a shower. Clean face with baby wipes, clean teeth, brush hair, have a wee. Get a glass of water and go into bedroom, draw curtains, turning side light on, undress, take my pills and get into bed. Read for a couple of hours, or until I fall asleep. I sleep with the bedside light on and if I wake up I read. I always leave the bedroom door open and, unless it is very cold, I have the window open.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top