Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Re: UK minimum wage: Steep increases could kickstart workplace automation revolution

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
People who set up businesses are just like the rest of us and want to earn a living. It is very hard work setting up a lucrative business and they needed help.Nobody works for nothing so they had to pay a salary, but now computers can do the jobs, and maybe robots in the future, it means that they can cope without people going on strike, demanding better wages and holidays and taking days off sick. That will mean that the business will work more efficiently and at a lower cost.... and I don't know anybody that would not prefer that for their business.
Nobody has a duty to provide jobs for others, it is up to all people to find a way to meet their needs. Whether we like it or not, this will mean that we return to "Survival of the fittest"!
And there was me thinking we all had a responsibility to build a decent society ! So who is supposed to do it ? We can't rely on government or councils we have to do it ourselves. That's all of us and those that can afford it even more need to build the stones to make it possible.

If we all just look after ourselves that's not a society. I'm not sure what it is but not a coherent working society.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:41 PM

Re: UK minimum wage: Steep increases could kickstart workplace automation revolution

Did no one tell you that the world is not fair ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And there was me thinking we all had a responsibility to build a decent society ! So who is supposed to do it ? We can't rely on government or councils we have to do it ourselves. That's all of us and those that can afford it even more need to build the stones to make it possible.

If we all just look after ourselves that's not a society. I'm not sure what it is but not a coherent working society.
To be fair, if the welfare state hadn't tried to get everybody to provide for the weak in society and followed the rules of nature there wouldn't be such a great need for jobs. All other living creatures let the weak die and and look after the strong... thereby creating a stronger species!
When humans decided to provide and care for the weak, they didn't account for the fact that the weak would become a huge percent of humans who could not provide for themselves.
Charity is not the way to keep humans as the strongest life form, so we have to allow the strong to be leaders. I know we don't like it but, if we want our species to survive in the future, we need to remember that, one day, robots could advance to be something we never expected to exist..... and they will evolve to be the strongest because humans will not hold that position in the future.
Just because we can't see how that will happen, it doesn't mean that it wont!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:54 PM

To be fair, if the welfare state hadn't tried to get everybody to provide for the weak in society and followed the rules of nature there wouldn't be such a great need for jobs. All other living creatures let the weak die and and look after the strong... thereby creating a stronger species!
When humans decided to provide and care for the weak, they didn't account for the fact that the weak would become a huge percent of humans who could not provide for themselves.
Charity is not the way to keep humans as the strongest life form, so we have to allow the strong to be leaders. I know we don't like it but, if we want our species to survive in the future, we need to remember that, one day, robots could advance to be something we never expected to exist..... and they will evolve to be the strongest because humans will not hold that position in the future.
Just because we can't see how that will happen, it doesn't mean that it wont!
Didn't someone called Josef Mengele hold very similar views?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:58 PM

I might just slit my wrist and be done with it then, I advise all older people do the same if twinks vision is true.

Society has to look after the weak, if they don't what are they ? Certainly not stronger humans, not humans at all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Didn't someone called Josef Mengele hold very similar views?
I don't think so! I am not suggesting that anybody is killed or harmed, but I don't think that anybody, who has worked hard to create a good living for their family, should be forced to provide for those who haven't!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-01-2018, 02:11 PM

People on low wages that need support often work longer hours and harder than people who in your eyes have done well.

The correlation between working hard and doing well is well and truly broken in this country.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 02:28 PM

I don't think so! I am not suggesting that anybody is killed or harmed, but I don't think that anybody, who has worked hard to create a good living for their family, should be forced to provide for those who haven't!

Well said Twink .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

05-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I might just slit my wrist and be done with it then, I advise all older people do the same if twinks vision is true.

Society has to look after the weak, if they don't what are they ? Certainly not stronger humans, not humans at all.
That is your opinion, not mine! Why wouldn't those who believe in god expect him to provide?
The wealthy , who have worked hard to get a good income, provide more for the needy than most.... but they don't have a never ending pot of gold! Why should they have to continue providing for even more, just because the robots provide a faster, more reliable workforce?
Most weak people have family members to provide for them, but they often don't.... so why should the business man have to employ less productive staff so he can provide for them.

Nobody likes the idea of robots taking all our jobs, but if we don't take less emotional actions and more practical ones, it is likely that the human race will eventually become extinct!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Hi

Society has a duty to those who genuinely cannot work.

Sadly, many people now expect Society to provide for everything.

You have a duty to provide for yourself and your family if at all possible.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top