Join for free
Page 294 of 1676 « First < 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 1294 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
no just a gentle growl! - mid brown in color reminds me of a brown ale or perhaps a mild - sometimes I can only drink 3 litres in a day!
What sets that upper limit? Is it a physical restriction.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:36 AM

well sensible behavior and living around a 24 hr cycle - don't believe in the 12 hr restraint belief!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:41 AM

12 hr restraint? is that something to do with Arthur Daley?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 08:58 AM

sorry I was referring to the 8 hr restraint plan! getit!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 06:04 PM

My first (and last) attempt at home brewing was a disaster. Having scrubbed and sterilised all the bottles and waited patiently for a few weeks what seemed like years, I bottles the stuff with the help of my young son, having filled the outside coal house with bottles we had about a dozen left so we put them in our bedroom, then at about 4am next morning they started to explode one by one, I needn’t tell yez the wife was furious and that was the end of that.
Someone told me afterwards we used the wrong bottles or caps, something like that, anyway with all the disinfecting and waiting you have to do before you get a lick of beer I never tried it again, besides you can’t beat a pint of Guinness from St. James Gate no matter how much it costs.
Lately I’ve cut down on beer a lot, much prefer the port.
Home brewing is best left to the experts, there’s an art in it somewhere I’m sure.

A Geman girl I once knew
Drank a gallon of Gumbuds homebrew
Then this pretty fraulein, to the Jacks made a beeline
And disappeared down the loo.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-09-2017, 06:09 PM

I know a lot about Brewing, so much so, I managed to get a Job, Organizing Piss Up's in Breweries.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Something strange is going on, I was reading some text today, and read Pharmacy as PPharmacy, then Petrol as PPetrol, and Placid as PPlacid, so I rang up NHS 111, the lady on the other end of the phone line asked if I had ever had PP Eye.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Something strange is going on, I was reading some text today, and read Pharmacy as PPharmacy, then Petrol as PPetrol, and Placid as PPlacid, so I rang up NHS 111, the lady on the other end of the phone line asked if I had ever had PP Eye.
you rang the wrong number should have rung PP 222!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My first (and last) attempt at home brewing was a disaster. Having scrubbed and sterilised all the bottles and waited patiently for a few weeks what seemed like years, I bottles the stuff with the help of my young son, having filled the outside coal house with bottles we had about a dozen left so we put them in our bedroom, then at about 4am next morning they started to explode one by one, I needn’t tell yez the wife was furious and that was the end of that.
Someone told me afterwards we used the wrong bottles or caps, something like that, anyway with all the disinfecting and waiting you have to do before you get a lick of beer I never tried it again, besides you can’t beat a pint of Guinness from St. James Gate no matter how much it costs.
Lately I’ve cut down on beer a lot, much prefer the port.
Home brewing is best left to the experts, there’s an art in it somewhere I’m sure.

A Geman girl I once knew
Drank a gallon of Gumbuds homebrew
Then this pretty fraulein, to the Jacks made a beeline
And disappeared down the loo.
what's the matter with yuz guys land of the guiness??

I brew in outside temps up to 37C came hail or cyclone - I never sterilize a bottle simple flush them out clean with tap water. then throw the in plastic bags in the shed until needed.

Once the brew has fermented out [first fermentation] I syphon off into waiting empty bottles and add between a teaspoon or two depending on size of bottle to aid second fermentation

tighten nut and shake gentle with a rocking motion until you fall off the chair!

place wherever ya want but preferably outside the house [yes the women don't like them indoors - so let's keep em appy sometimes!] leave for a minimum of one week - these are of course plastic bottles usually used coca cola which therefore never explode just expand!

NOW the important step - DO NOT OPEN warm because you get warm beer and mount vesuvius [I nearly said that right] the bottle should be placed in a freezer compartment for approx one hr were it is 'tamed'

remove and drink pleasantly - yes I know it is all a bit of an effort but don't good things require some effort - I always refuse manufactured beer these days unless it is something rather special and expensive and enjoy the home brew every time - if you don't finish your bottle 1.25ltres in one sitting place in the fridge door for another time - wot could be simpler??

from the land of the hopping kangaroo beer to the guiness bogs of Oiland!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-09-2017, 10:25 PM

Is there any truth that Ozzie Guys, syphon the python into the brew, to sanitize the wild yeast?

Page 294 of 1676 « First < 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 1294 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top