Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:27 PM

So Disappointed.

I was informed by letter from the County Council last week that the road I live in would be totally closed to all traffic from early evening to 5am the following morning. Even residents would not be able to move their cars off their drives or in my case the little car park attached to the bungalows.

Great I thought planning my night, taking photos of heavy machinery ripping the very heart and soul out of the road. Gangs of men dressed in orange work suits straining at the leash to rip up the old tarmac to make way for the new road surface. Massive trucks taking away loads of the broken remains of the old road. Heavy duty road rollers smoothing out the freshly laid tarmac as it steams in the cool evening air. The flashing orange lights of the excavators and the rumble of caterpillar tracks.

All Ive seen so far is two work men, 1 with a shovel to lean on and the other cupping a fag in his hand.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: So Disappointed.

Sometimes life can be full of little disappointments. This has been just one.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

All Ive seen so far is two work men, 1 with a shovel to lean on and the other cupping a fag in his hand
That's normal tho' MC.
Actually it's not, having a shovel to lean on is rare.
They usually just sit/sleep in the van/truck/lorry/digger
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:38 PM

That sounds like normal roadwork behaviour to me MC
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:46 PM

Hi MC perhaps the two chaps are the advanced party and the big machinery is on its way ....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi MC perhaps the two chaps are the advanced party and the big machinery is on its way ....
Now, that's a good logical way of thinking about it Meg...

(dream on)

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:56 PM

I love the smell of fresh tarmac.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 11:05 PM

Maybe the two men are doing the most important job first .... setting up the tea-break station
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 07:49 AM

We have got the same here MC and all we see is four Men looking down a hole with fags hanging out of their mouths doing nothing. Most annoying.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:35 AM

What a bunch of miseries, these are of course from the observer corp, sent in in advance to plot the potholes sonone of the troops fall down em.

Elf n Safety is a wonderful thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top