Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

I also use mine to convert my almost nonsensical chat to utterly nonsensical chat.....It basically converts most things I say to being barely understandable it does tend to make it funnier though
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 10:16 AM

Can the ipad be used to send SMS text messages to a smart phone that isn't an Apple iPhone eg an android.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:01 PM

You use messenger or any app that sends via Wi-fi
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
You use messenger or any app that sends via Wi-fi
Thanks Missy I will explore it further...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-06-2018, 02:06 PM

Update..
My ipad arrived today
It is up and running with lots still to do.

I looked at refurbished ones and would have bought one except I was worried in case it would not be compatible with the latest version of the health monitor I am also buying which require an apple app to operate.

The app is now downloaded ....
....whew what an exhausting morning

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice, I think the ipad will be very useful
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Update..
My ipad arrived today
It is up and running with lots still to do.

I looked at refurbished ones and would have bought one except I was worried in case it would not be compatible with the latest version of the health monitor I am also buying which require an apple app to operate.

The app is now downloaded ....
....whew what an exhausting morning

Thank you everyone for your helpful advice, I think the ipad will be very useful
Glad your iPad has arrived Meg, once you are used to it I'm sure you'll love it
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 03:15 PM

Good on you Meg

You will be surprised on how much you will use the iPad, it makes everything just so easy that you end up doing more and more things

Like Saturday I dropped my iron just one too many times. Just picked up my iPad, clicked on amazon, and within 5 mins new iron picked, paid for and on its way - less time then having to boot up a pc
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:10 PM

I must say that after using a laptop for years, it took a while to get used to my iPad. Persevere Meg, once you get used to it, you will love it I’m sure!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:45 PM

Y'know...you horrible lot really make me feel like I'm a resurrected dinosaur!
I have an 8-month-old iPad right here,on this desk,in it's box,unused,tried out,immediately DEMANDED my wifi address/code,even before I'd done anything other than choose 'UK'...and immediately synchronised with my Dell laptop...which took me #!#!#ing HOURS to 'de-synch'...and since that night 8 months ago,it hasn't been out of it's box. NOW,thanks to yooz lot,I feel I'm a relic;even though the latest steam-powered internet engines rool,ok.
[I still don't want to open it again,though. Even the jacket I bought for it never got used...it wasn't out of it's box long enough] #sigh#...
Mel15
Nowhere

12-06-2018, 08:31 PM

Pug, if you ever want to sell it, Pm me

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top