Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Nearly a year has passed.

Tomorrow I have been on the forum for a year.
My first thread I think, was asking opinions about painting my home.
A lot has happened in that year to me and my little home. However one thing has not happened during that year. Not one lick of paint has touched a paintbrush, wall, ceiling or piece of woodwork.

But to come back to that first post.
I have come to a decision about two colours I am using. Its going to be Crown Splashing About blue for the little bathroom ceiling and walls. The bathroom is mostly tiled with a blue/grey tile as its a wet room.
https://www.crownpaints.co.uk/produc...ing-around/231

Ive picked Crown Flame Red for both the tiny hall and little kitchen, same again ceilings and walls. The kitchen has plain white tiles and the kitchen units are a very light birch effect colour.

https://www.crownpaints.co.uk/produc.../flame-red/326

All the woodwork is going to be white gloss.

See, who said I'm indecisive, its only been a year and I've decided on three rooms, two colours.
Now, about the lounge and bedroom. Ive been thinking about a sort of bronzy colour for the bedroom to blend in with the dark pine wardrobe. What do you think
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 03:02 PM

Re: Nearly a year has passed.

Some important decisions need a lot of time to think about.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 03:13 PM

take a decade - they mellow more!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 05:28 PM

Five years in my last bungalow and only decorated the lounge.
Those colours sound nice MC.
My tenancy says I can only use neutral colours so I'm envious!
BTW, I went to Glastonbury the other day, it's still there!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Tomorrow I have been on the forum for a year.
My first thread I think, was asking opinions about painting my home.
A lot has happened in that year to me and my little home. However one thing has not happened during that year. Not one lick of paint has touched a paintbrush, wall, ceiling or piece of woodwork.

But to come back to that first post.
I have come to a decision about two colours I am using. Its going to be Crown Splashing About blue for the little bathroom ceiling and walls. The bathroom is mostly tiled with a blue/grey tile as its a wet room.
https://www.crownpaints.co.uk/produc...ing-around/231

Ive picked Crown Flame Red for both the tiny hall and little kitchen, same again ceilings and walls. The kitchen has plain white tiles and the kitchen units are a very light birch effect colour.

https://www.crownpaints.co.uk/produc.../flame-red/326

All the woodwork is going to be white gloss.

See, who said I'm indecisive, its only been a year and I've decided on three rooms, two colours.
Now, about the lounge and bedroom. Ive been thinking about a sort of bronzy colour for the bedroom to blend in with the dark pine wardrobe. What do you think
It's what happens when you spend too much time on the forum MC. I know!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 12:18 AM

I have always liked 'old and ancient' oak and elm not paint - maybe we paint to brighten up our otherwise dull lives - but the paint fads and then we start again - keeping it just wood seems better?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 05:52 AM

Ha! Your post made me laugh MC but let's face it you have had other things to contend with so 10 out of 10 for planning

I'm the opposite I think to myself this room needs decorating and an hour or so later I'm in there covered in paint
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Spontaneous then Summer,same here,painted my walls in s/room and Kitchen,3 x,...i seem to get a block,when it comes to colour, then all of a sudden the light bulb comes,..i am still waiting to finish my s/room,haven't been well,so it's on hold.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:28 PM

Is it only a year since you have been here ?????

I must have read all your threads as to me you have always been here

Mr Missy is the type to decide to decorate and will have it all done, complete with pictures on the wall within 24 hrs. Me, I'm more like you, it's paint, it's walls, they will meet eventually
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 08:30 PM

Went and borrowed the step ladder off the ex.

Really weird though as when I saw the step ladder it was the same one I had used working on my first house back in 1900andfreezingtodeath times. Still had some Artex on from when we did the kitchen as it was the fashion to Artex anything that didnt move quick enough at the those times.
He said sounding like Grandpa Simpsom.

Ive got the ladder now so the paint fest can start. The ex asked why I needed to borrow it so just said I am cleaning the fascia boards on the bungalow.
She would go mad if she realised I'm painting as she wants to put me in a home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top