Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Re: Interesting Collections.

I'm not a collector really but I like old furniture thing is I don't have the space for it. I have a few nice pieces though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:40 AM

Advertising/picture mirrors. These include a Martini mirror, Coca-Cola, Squires gin and a good few more. I've got one that commemorates 8 Grand Slam win and 15 Triple Crown wins at Cardiff Arms Park. The last date being 1978. Worth more than I paid for it I think.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:48 AM

Not sure I would want to say on a public forum - might end up on a burglar's shopping list!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I dont collect anything, my son is an avid collector,
although of late he has slowed down,his cupboard full collection is still here,of old games,console, i will ask him when he rings if i can post a picture.
I collect teddy bears, cuddly toys & lots of different types/makes of horses. I have a lot of horse broaches too. Wade animals & figures & anything Thelwell.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not sure I would want to say on a public forum - might end up on a burglar's shopping list!

Oops I didn't think of that, just in case any burglars are checking out this thread I will just add I sold my nice bits of furniture and replaced it with IKEA
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I collect teddy bears, cuddly toys & lots of different types/makes of horses. I have a lot of horse broaches too. Wade animals & figures & anything Thelwell.

That sound's like a really nice collection,
My fav are Thelwell, pony ornaments, they all have their own story to tell,packed with character.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:10 AM

My son also has a collection of street shark and biker mice,unfortunately not boxed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Hi

I have a large collection of porcelain, some very early stuff, Worcester, Coalport, Derby etc with a few bits of others.

It is now all wrapped, catalogued and boxed ready to go to auction.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 09:40 AM

I have a small collection of Hippos and a collection of paperweights - again not large but imo very beautiful

Mr Missys collections are beyond a joke

Model cars - hundreds of the things, all with their boxes, some extremely old and valuable

Then his classic cars - thankfully we have no more room to build any more garages so he has to sell one to buy one now

Road signs - don't ask, but if he sees a road sign lying at the side of the road he stops and lifts it

Pub paraphernalia, from bar mats to glasses to pub signs

Scalextric cars - hundreds of the things

Tools - a garage and a shed load of them

downsizing will be a nightmare when the time comes
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That sound's like a really nice collection,
My fav are Thelwell, pony ornaments, they all have their own story to tell,packed with character.
I have most of the Chiltern pony figures, the only one not got is Penelope Caroling. That is the rarest & almost impossible to find. They only made a few. I've got some Beswick as well.
I collect Thelwell's books too & the china & glass items they made with pony cartoons on them. I have an alarm clock, two umbrellas & several other items all with the ponies on them. I was a member of the Thelwell club until it closed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top