Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:14 AM

Re: Animal Rescue from Circus in Guatemala

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wasn't it god who said - " I give you dominion over all animals"?
Probably - but I don't think she meant that to mean we have the right to abuse them!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Here is a list of countries already with bans or partial bans in place. It is growing rapidly, particularly in US states, but not fast enough .

http://www.stopcircussuffering.com/circus-bans/

Most of the results are initiated due to pressure from petitions signed by the worldwide public.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Latest update on Guatemala rescue :

Animal Defenders International

1 hr ·

The end of an incredibly long, and exhausting, day. The ADI team has just finished unloading the 9 tigers and 2 lions removed from a circus in Guatemala and has had to dig deep to get the job done. All of the animals traveled well and are doing just fine. This is the beginning of the rest of their lives - these animals will no longer suffer in the circus. It's over.

We now have 14 big cats at the ADI Temporary Custody Center.
Please help towards their care:
Donate USD: http://bit.ly/Guatemala-Appeal-US
Donate GBP: http://bit.ly/Guatemala-Appeal-UK
Donate Euros: www.ad-international.org/donate

SPECIAL RESCUE FILM SHOWS WITH OUR RESCUE TEAM in London, New York City, Durham NC, Los Angeles, and Sedona AZ, find out more: http://bit.ly/Animal-Planet-Dodo-Heroes

Now they have to return to rescue the remaining animals that were being kept from them yesterday.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:42 AM

I never liked circuses any way. Went to one as an older child, I was horse mad, I watched the woman performing on the dressage horse & it shocked me, she had long spurs that the dug into the horses sides to make it dance & the bit was one of the most severe you could use, horse was way overbent. You could see the horse was not happy. I hated it & never ever went to another.
I thought all animals had been banned from circus performing in Britain, didn't know some still had/have animals. Terrible the way they are treated & it's barbaric to use them
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

15-06-2018, 11:58 PM

It just shows how what might be assumed a relatively peaceful operation, doesn't always turn out that way. These rescuers, more often than not , come up against angry vile people .

This update was emailed to me a few hours ago.

" We did it! Today, nine tigers and two lions from another Guatemalan circus are waking up in ADI care along with the three lions we had already moved from another circus. They will never suffer again, and ADI supporters like you helped make it happen.

Circus Ponce agreed to voluntarily surrender the animals to ADI. But In a tense, day long operation, we endured verbal abuse and taunts, a circus worker exposing himself, and theft of our tools. I halted the operation when a screaming circus worker attacked a tiger, he lost his temper with the terrified young tiger who was afraid to move. He stormed off shouting and making crude gestures at me.

Kimba was so stressed and upset by the assault that we covered his cage and let him calm down. Then on veterinary advice sedated him and moved him to his ADI ‘freedom cage’.

With ADI then allowed to oversee the loading of the animals, we continued efficiently luring the animals into cages. It still amazes me the incompetence of circuses in handling animals.

The abuse of Kimba, left with a bleeding paw, hind leg and mouth (thankfully small injuries because we stepped in), was a reminder of the abuse these animals suffer, and the life we are saving them from – never again, Kimba.Joining lions Sasha, Nena and Kimba at the ADI Temporary Custody Centre are lions Tarzan and Tanya and tigers Kimba, Simba, Max, Luna, Jade, Kumani, Sasha and two female cubs of around 4-5 months old, now alone, having been cruelly ripped from their family.

Sadly, the circus refused to hand over 4 tigers, and we also know they concealed two tiny cubs. The authorities will be prosecuting them for breaking the country’s ban on circus animals and ADI will be back. "

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top