Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Beans on toast or...

...spicy parsnip soup with toast?

I haven't done a Tesco online shop this week as I am going into hospital on Thursday and didn't want any perishables left around. I'm too tired to walk even the short distance to my local Co-Op so consequently don't have very much in the house to eat. Just a tin of beans, a tin of soup and half a loaf of bread. I've got frozen bolognese I cooked a couple of weeks ago I could have with spaghetti but don't have a microwave (is there any way of defrosting it quickly and is it safe to eat this way?)

Which would you choose? (I suspect that around 8pm I'll get hungry and wind up eating both. Tomorrow I'll have to visit the Co-Op.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:19 PM

Re: Beans on toast or...

I used to like beans on toast, but they don't like me these days, similarly with my husband.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Beans on toast with grated cheddar on top.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Beans on toast would be my choice...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Beans on toast would be my choice...
Beans on toast ( Wholemeal/stoneground or Rye bread) and a poached egg on top with Black pepper and HP sauce
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Why can't you put the bolognsise straight into a hot oven , stir often just as you would using or cooking a microwave meal . Make sure it's really hot in the centre though . People cook ready made meals from frozen quite safely nowadays
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Unfortunately, I've no eggs or cheese.

Would go downstairs to the convenience store for something to eat but he is costly.

I've also found a tin of cock a leekie soup.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Why can't you put the bolognsise straight into a hot oven , stir often just as you would using or cooking a microwave meal . Make sure it's really hot in here he centre though . People cook ready made meals from frozen quite safely nowadays
This is what I'll do. I've got plenty of spaghetti to eat with it too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Well I had a tin of bakes beans and sausages on toast for my breakfast yesterday morning. That set me up for the day and my few beers in the afternoon.

Never had spicy parsnip soup in my life.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well I had a tin of bakes beans and sausages on toast for my breakfast yesterday morning. That set me up for the day and my few beers in the afternoon.
How was Tenerife and are you back at work now, Floydy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top