Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Re: How Do You Cope With Milestone Birthdays?

I would prefer to forget about all my birthdays as they aren't important to me, but unfortunately my family thinks otherwise.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I feel Birthdays are fine ...until you hit a milestone birthday!

I am not sure why milestone birthdays make you feel different to normal birthdays?
I hate the thought of them but l am fine once they have passed!

What do you think to them? Maybe you don’t mind them looming up on the horizon?

Please tell me about your 18th, 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th...... even 100th birthdays!

Any nice or awful memories, or funny stories to tell?
I love birthdays - the more the merrier and I celebrate them all - because it means I am still here!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:16 AM

Why is it called "Birthday", surely it should be called "Birthdate", I was born on a Monday, so, I have a Birthday every week.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why is it called "Birthday", surely it should be called "Birthdate", I was born on a Monday, so, I have a Birthday every week.
I was born on a Monday too, 'Monday's child is fair of face'. So very, very true.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:30 AM

I've had some quite good milestone birthdays. 30 and 40 were particularly memorable. As others have said, I'm not interested in marking the occasions but family and friends want to do it.

Over the years, milestone birthdays have gone from noisy full-blown house parties to meals out with family and friends. Also, family and others coming to the house (70th).

I might not have wanted the milestones marked but I've always enjoyed the gatherings once they are under-way.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

22-06-2018, 11:36 AM

My family went totally OTT with my 60th birthday. When asked what I wanted I said a Macdonald's takeaway would do me fine, I got that. However, they also lined up a Chester Roman Soldier to stand beside me for a photo, and a party in the evening with people wearing medieval costumes. The grandchildren were wearing Tshirts bearing my family crest.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me and the Roman Soldier.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	6278  
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:36 AM

I ignore mine.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:54 AM

I've only ever had one birthday party - that was for my 60th and it was fairly small-scale - just a few friends went out together for a mexican meal. My 70th, earlier this year wasn't really marked by anything at all. I've never worried about birthdays because, as a child, my birthday came so soon after Christmas - so I was always told that my Christmas presents were for Christmas and Birthday.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 12:07 PM

I havent really celebrated any milestone birthdays. The only one that was special to me was my 51st birthday when the woman who looked after my dog for me surprised me with a little cake with a candle, a floating birthday balloon and badge saying "Its my birthday I'm 15" a joke we shared, and then she took me out for lunch at a local pub.

I eventually plucked up the courage to pull her towards me and kissed her when we were in her kitchen. We were together as a couple for 4 years.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 01:39 PM

I don't remember ever having a birthday party, not even as a kid.

I wouldn't have minded an 18th or 21st but it didn't happen. After that I lost interest and just never bothered.

Last year was my 60th and my sister in law asked did I want a fuss and I said noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Thanks, but no thanks

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top