Join for free
Page 166 of 370 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:32 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thank you for the pity, Floydy and LQ. I'll be fine, but ow, it sure is black, blue, and sore right now. An object at rest tends to stay at rest unless a force acts on it, but if it involves a toe and a large piece of furniture...it has more to do with that "for every action there is..." Let's just say that physics met biology, and biology lost.

So ends today's "science lesson."

Proud of you LQ, for getting to the gym. I am with you on keeping my legs toned, and am about to start cycling again until I can start running again. Floydy is so right about reps. I can't do heavy weights because of an old meniscus tear, but those reps seem to do the job beautifully.

Floydy you already have visible results! Well done. You stay with it. I have now officially started to the program to shed the vacation weight. I think I'm going to report in on the slimming club thread so I can be accountable over there too.

Nothing glamorous today, just did a round of step watching, "Some Kind of Beautiful." (Why is it that in every movie that Pierce Brosnan is in that he ends up pouring wine with his shirt off? )

Anyhow, keep up the good work everyone and don't let me make any excuses!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your toe Surfermom, there's always summat that brings a good spell of running to an end........Then it's start all over again time.....

Put an extra two mile in this morning, mostly walking though, and along the country lane at the end of our road. I went in my running kit just incase, and it felt so good to feel the warmth of the sun on my body. Apart from a farmer rounding up his sheep two fields away, I didn't see another soul......Some good thinking time...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 03:49 PM

Well, as Suzie says "Don't make any excuses", I fear I have one today.
For some unknown reason I have developed a twinge in my left shoulder which isn't much to worry about, but it would stop me from doing my training session, so that's on hold until Friday.
Tomorrow it's my appointment at the doc's, so missed out there too!
Nothing to sweat about, soon catch up again!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Oh dear, you Keep Fitters are falling like flies

Take things easy for a while and I hope you'll all be back on top form very soon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Take things easy for a while and I hope you'll all be back on top form very soon.
It's all part of our masterplan, Mags.
To return bigger, faster, stronger and fitter than before. Injuries happen to us so we can be rebuilt into something better than ever before
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:46 AM

I took your post too literal this morning Mags, I set off for my five mile run and hadn't gone more than half a mile when I kicked a stone and the next thing I remember, was laying on the floor doing a damage assessment.

I've beat up my arm pretty bad, grazed my knee and put a fair sized hole in the palm of my hand as I tried to prevent myself from landing too hard. Unfortunately it was rough gravelly terrain and it's left a good deal of damage.

So with blood pouring from my injuries I decided to abandon the run and return home....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I took your post too literal this morning Mags, I set off for my five mile run and hadn't gone more than half a mile when I kicked a stone and the next thing I remember, was laying on the floor doing a damage assessment.

I've beat up my arm pretty bad, grazed my knee and put a fair sized hole in the palm of my hand as I tried to prevent myself from landing too hard. Unfortunately it was rough gravelly terrain and it's left a good deal of damage.

So with blood pouring from my injuries I decided to abandon the run and return home....

Ooh, bet's that's sore Foxy. Will this help a little?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Oh Jeezuz, man! I think you'd better look twice before getting out of bed from now on matey Mags has surely put some sort of curse on you, boy!
A nightmare scenario, Bob. How are you feeling today though...healing well I hope! Thing is mate, I know you well enough to know that nothing but nothing will stop you doing what you enjoy and that is running. Shrug off the flesh wounds and pending the knee isn't too bad, keep on runnin' buddy...

Me, I've been to the docs and he's requested blood tests for thyroid, prostate, diabetes and another one...general wear and tear for a 50+lad or something. All routine. Happens next Wednesday. By the way, I'm feeling okay, so back to the gym tomorrow - unless Mags has something to do with it

My other complaint I saw the GP about was my ears. I have had to had them syringed for 30+ years, every nine months or so but it's now getting more frequent. This is all due to the shape of my ear canals which for some reason are very narrow and have conical-shaped canal rather than tunnel ones, which makes them close up as they near the ear drum causing my hearing to be impaired. Hence the syringing so often.

Coupled with tinnitus, which I have had for two years now, and constant itching, it was time to demand something be done if at all possible. The doctor has referred me to the ENT clinic. Waiting for that too, so all being well, something could be sorted out there.

I hate being old.

Anyway, back to the gym tomorrow, and you know me by now with my crazy ideas...I have put the 'strength' session on hold to try out something different: 20 exercises; 50 reps apiece; fixed weights; going for it.

If I survive, I'll be back to tell the tale tomorrow evening!

*BTW...How you doing, Suzie?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Oh dear lads, I hope I haven’t put a jinx on you ..... poor you Bob, that was a nasty fall and I’m sure I heard your curses
I hope the soreness eases and you heal very soon.

Floydy I hope all your tests prove negative, enjoy the gym tomorrow ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:46 PM

Oh dear lads, I hope I haven’t put a jinx on you ..... poor you Bob, that was a nasty fall and I’m sure I heard your curses
I hope the soreness eases and you heal very soon.

Floydy I hope all your tests prove negative, enjoy the gym tomorrow ...

May I second that, Floydy.
I know it's a nuisance, but best to get these things sorted and done with.
Do you think you might have been pushing yourself a little too hard of late?
Anyway, hope the test results all come back fine.

Page 166 of 370 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top