Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:30 PM

Re: Mental Time travel

It would be nice if we could all meet up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You sound as if it is more than simply remembering, it sounds quite a bit deeper than that.
It is interesting others are saying the same too.

I must ponder on this dongle. I am wondering if it is what they call 'Astral travel.'
I know I titled the thread Mental time travel but I'm not sure I really believe that. I think it's where our brain remembers all the senses and brings them all together but can't hold on to it for too long. Perhaps it takes too much brain power or something. All I can say is that it's a very nice feeling (for me at least).

Some say they can travel to the future which I have never experienced.

On the other hand, who am I to say it's not Astral time travel.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It would be nice if we could all meet up.
I said hello last night but you ignored me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-02-2018, 11:36 PM

I think there is research going on at the moment into whether animals can experience it too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I said hello last night but you ignored me.
I will look out for you tonight.

There are several explanations, but, here is a fun one.
https://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Astral-Projection
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2018, 11:44 PM

Gosh, I feel quite jealous, sounds wonderful. I wish I was in tune with my head.

Sorry to hear of your experience of it though Susan. That's so sad
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-02-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I will look out for you tonight.

There are several explanations, but, here is a fun one.
https://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Astral-Projection
It's not that, I think that would worry me too much, it's more of a feeling really.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 12:25 AM

I don't know if any of you experience this feeling as I sometimes do?

Sometimes as I am just about to fall asleep, I can transport my thoughts back to a previous moment in my life (normally when I was a child). It's not just thinking about it, it's as though I am actually there, with sights, smell, sound and the feeling of comfort. It's very vivid but only lasts a few seconds. Then I'm back to reality.

There is a science regarding this called Chronesthesia although it includes transporting to the future which I don't believe is possible.

So, does anyone else experience this and what is it? A form of time travel or just our brain doing what it does best?
This is interesting. My son talks about this. He talks of time travel and how he can go back to a child and into the future...... so he says. I've never heard of the science and have for long enough gone along with the professionals suggestion of him being 'bonkers' .
One thing that has always played my mind, was him being hypnotised when he was about 15 yrs. One of these shows on holiday. He was taken back then to the age of 5 yrs in a classroom. of which he'd shot onto the stage before I could stop him. (not being a fan of such stuff) There were a few of them doing the same thing. Then they were sent into the future.
It has always played on my mind .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
This is interesting. My son talks about this. He talks of time travel and how he can go back to a child and into the future...... so he says. I've never heard of the science and have for long enough gone along with the professionals suggestion of him being 'bonkers' .
That's very interesting if he says he can travel to the future. Has he ever divulged what he saw or felt?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 12:37 AM

That's very interesting if he says he can travel to the future. Has he ever divulged what he saw or felt?
Not specifically, as it's not very often he talks about any of it. Although he did more so at one time, and because I can't get my head around it and I think he's talking rubbish, so tend to shut it out.
Feeling very guilty now.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top