Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:07 PM

Re: Ocular Migrain

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I get zebra strips sometimes in side of eye
Mine was like blinding light in part of just one eye.
Luckily, I was at the hospital with my son anyway.
The consultant for my son phoned the eye department.
But, I was meant to stay and wait. I came home as my hubby was returning from his Mothers funeral today.
I will go back tomorrow, as I have seen someone, just had to get home.
Do you get this on a regular basis realspeed?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
But, I was meant to stay and wait. I came home as my hubby was returning from his Mothers funeral today.
Can I be cheeky and ask if you are private patient? This just wouldn't happen in my local NHS hospital!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Sorry to hear you are having this, Sweetie, it can be so disconcerting and uncomfortable. Will they be testing you for possible triggers?

You said you were there with your son - is he OK?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Sweetie darlin' - if you wear glasses either just for reading or permanently, if they are not re-actolight then perhaps you ought to consider having them done. Both pairs of my glasses (ordinary everyday use and reading glasses) have had re-actolight in them so that they darken in strong sunlight.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry to hear you are having this, Sweetie, it can be so disconcerting and uncomfortable. Will they be testing you for possible triggers?

You said you were there with your son - is he OK?
My son was there to see a consultant for his abdominal pains Tabby. The eye department was next door.
Triggers read my post at the bar. x

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sweetie darlin' - if you wear glasses either just for reading or permanently, if they are not re-actolight then perhaps you ought to consider having them done. Both pairs of my glasses (ordinary everyday use and reading glasses) have had re-actolight in them so that they darken in strong sunlight.
No glasses Joe, well only occasionally for reading very small print. x
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:52 PM

I experienced my first Ocular Migraine today.
It was a very weird and frightening experience.
Has anyone here ever experienced one, or suffer from them?
Yes, intermittently ... they usually come in batches. About one a week for a couple of months then they stop... until they start again.

They can be pretty fantastic to watch. Mine are like those kaleidoscope tubes toys that used to be around when I was a kid.
Blue, green and purple swirls spinning in one eye, which starts on the edge until it covers my vision and then it all goes black. They last about 20 minutes.
I sometimes get a warning one is about to start when chunks vanish out my vision.
I never bothered about them other than for getting my blood pressure checked, which was okay.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yes, intermittently ... they usually come in batches. About one a week for a couple of months then they stop... until they start again.

They can be pretty fantastic to watch. Mine are like those kaleidoscope tubes toys that used to be around when I was a kid.
Blue, green and purple swirls spinning in one eye, which starts on the edge until it covers my vision and then it all goes black. They last about 20 minutes.
I sometimes get a warning one is about to start when chunks vanish out my vision.
I never bothered about them other than for getting my blood pressure checked, which was okay.
Morti, you got colours, I didn't.
But it is reassuring to know that others have experienced this also. I will get checked tomorrow.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 08:59 PM

I was never referred to hospital.
I went to my GP. He tested my blood pressure and then told me to go and have my eyes tested at an opticians.
I have noticed they can flare up when I'm on my computer a lot, especially if there's a reflection on the screen.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

23-05-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was never referred to hospital.
I went to my GP. He tested my blood pressure and then told me to go and have my eyes tested at an opticians.
I have noticed they can flare up when I'm on my computer a lot, especially if there's a reflection on the screen.
I am thinking mine was stress related tbh.
It has been a very challenging day.

Are there not screen protectors to help Morti?
But I am glad yours are nothing serious.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-05-2018, 09:11 PM

They can be frightening ... which if stress related doesn't really help much does it.

Did you get a headache at all? I never do. And when they stop they stop as suddenly as they started.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top