Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 03:37 PM

DIY Jobs to do.

I would love to know what diy jobs you have to do this summer?
maybe we can ask questions on jobs we aren't sure about,also encourage each other...so tell me,how long is your list of jobs to do?
Question, should i wash my fence down,before i paint it?..
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Re: DIY Jobs to do.

I’m planning on removing our old shed and greenhouse and to buy new, we only require a small greenhouse but are going for a slightly bigger shed, I plan on building a wooden base, similar to one for decking, to house them on, not sure if I’ll get around to it this year though

If your fence is green with alge you can spray it with something like wet and forget, or you could power wash it off, but just paint it if it looks sound
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’m planning on removing our old shed and greenhouse and to buy new, we only require a small greenhouse but are going for a slightly bigger shed, I plan on building a wooden base, similar to one for decking, to house them on, not sure if I’ll get around to it this year though

If your fence is green with alge you can spray it with something like wet and forget, or you could power wash it off, but just paint it if it looks sound

That sounds like hard work,Primus,will you set the wooden base on some slabs?..a worthwhile project though,think of the end result, and think of all that money you can save ,being able to erect it yourself, it would cost a fortune for a diy man to do it,

Thank you for advice on fence,keep us posted,maybe some before and after pics would be nice.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 07:12 PM

I have some fencing to fix, might have to put a couple of new posts in, not sure yet.

Yet more fence painting (that never seems to stop) but other than that it'll be just general garden maintenance.

Winter on the other hand will be different, lots to do indoors
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Hi Nicol,i have so much fencing to paint,at least it is summer,get these jobs done,so the fences can stand up to the winter weather,

A neighbour just around the corner from me,had all of her decking removed,it was high raised decking,been there 10 years,the whole lot was rotten,does anyone here know why?
I have a small area of raised decking,ive had it around 5 years,i treat it every year and it looks perfect,..so treating it,make it last longer?..she had never painted hers,I'm wondering
if that is why it rotted!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 03:10 AM

I have to paint the whole bungalow interior, ceilings, walls and woodwork.
Its only 4 actual rooms, the lounge, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom plus the tiny hall. I still havent made up my mind whether to paint everything brilliant white or to do each room a different colour. Just cannot decide. Its essential for the place to look totally different from before when it was bl**dy magnolia walls everywhere and white ceilings. Ive got to lay those ghosts, but I just cannot seem to make my mind up.
I need to put up new blinds, thinking of wooden ones this time, and also new carpets for lounge, hall and bedroom.

Thats all there is to do really. Oh yeah after all that I just need to revamp the back garden and build a new back door and doorframe.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:47 AM

Hi

When I move.

In order

Install the RO system for the water for my fish tank, complete with pumped system for the waste water which will be used for the garden.

New high security door and keypad lock to the side of the house, keep the garden safe.

Remove the existing cooker and pantry door and install new 90cm Range Cooker with glass splash back and extract hood.

Install pet immune wireless alarm system linked to my smart watch.

New screen to bottom of garden, to separate my veg and poultry area from the garden.

Walk in fox proof cage, compost bins etc.

Have a party
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I have to paint the whole bungalow interior, ceilings, walls and woodwork.
Its only 4 actual rooms, the lounge, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom plus the tiny hall. I still havent made up my mind whether to paint everything brilliant white or to do each room a different colour. Just cannot decide. Its essential for the place to look totally different from before when it was bl**dy magnolia walls everywhere and white ceilings. Ive got to lay those ghosts, but I just cannot seem to make my mind up.
I need to put up new blinds, thinking of wooden ones this time, and also new carpets for lounge, hall and bedroom.

Thats all there is to do really. Oh yeah after all that I just need to revamp the back garden and build a new back door and doorframe.

I had magnolia walls at one time,..then i wanted a bold change,..since Christmas, this is the third colour, i have put on my walls,..first i painted 3 walls grey,which i really like,the other 2 walls in sitting room, have been pink,that lasted a couple of months,then bright yellow,looked lovely in kitchen, but far to bright in sitting room,so i am now in the process of painting the 2 walls,sulpher springs 2,a much deeper mustard colour, ..another good idea,Mondays Child,..you can buy small tester pots,..keep us informed of how your decorating is going please.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-06-2018, 07:37 AM

I think nowadays blinds are a lot easier to clean,do you like the wooden shutters,M/S?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-06-2018, 07:47 AM

Those high security doors,are rather nice,and very modern looking,i bet they cost a fortune.

What sort of fox proof chicken pen/run will you buy?..those foxes are darn cunning.

What make of range cooker will you install? ..we were looking at Miele ones last week,top of the range,..as I say, we were only looking,far to big to fit into my house.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top