Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 08:49 AM

Re: Poldark.

I am afraid it is all getting very 'samey' for me with visual presentation taking precedent over substance and a repetition of the same story lines. I guess they are trying to spin out Winston Graham's novels to the full.

I will still watch it ....for now...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:13 AM

Actually i agree Meg, and we all know poldark will win in the end

Have to admit I liked the old series better especially Demelza I really cannot take to the woman who plays her now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid it is all getting very 'samey' for me with visual presentation taking precedent over substance and a repetition of the same story lines. I guess they are trying to spin out Winston Graham's novels to the full.

I will still watch it ....for now...
Exactly that Meg. We were saying the same thing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually i agree Meg, and we all know poldark will win in the end

Have to admit I liked the old series better especially Demelza I really cannot take to the woman who plays her now.
Summer I feel the same about Demelza, I think the women who plays Elizabeth would have been a better choice...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Summer I feel the same about Demelza, I think the women who plays Elizabeth would have been a better choice...
I thought she was good in the part to start with but has become a bit boring.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:04 PM

I have to admit Im now giving up on it

Perhaps the wait between series was too long but I was sat there wondering who was who and trying to remember what had happened last I saw it

Mind the shot of Aiden Turner coming out of the surf was worth the watch
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I have to admit Im now giving up on it

Perhaps the wait between series was too long but I was sat there wondering who was who and trying to remember what had happened last I saw it

Mind the shot of Aiden Turner coming out of the surf was worth the watch
I have the same problem Missy
It takes so long between series they have all aged too
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 04:50 AM

Hi

One of my neighbours loves it.

He doesn't watch it, but he says it is the only time in the week that he has peace and quiet from his wife.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:57 AM

Love it!
Especially when George is made to feel uncomfortable, his expressions are priceless!
Ross and Demelza are both gorgeous, well cast and have the "look" of that period.
Elizabeth has the longest neck I've ever seen!
Prudie is great, I feel I know her!
Not keen on the doctor and his wife though or the poet chap, but they do balance out the others nicely.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-06-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

One of my neighbours loves it.

He doesn't watch it, but he says it is the only time in the week that he has peace and quiet from his wife.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top