Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Re: The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre

Can I take it that you've missed out the I ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Never seen 'Scotland Yard' series Judd.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:25 PM

Eee, you don't know what you're missing. I think it ran for around ten years as a series starting before I was born and ending around 1963 or so. When it was on TV recently with one episode every night you could see the host Edgar Lustgarten age before your very eyes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 05:50 AM

I didn't know Edgar Lustgarten hosted that one as well - will have to look on Amazon and/or YouTube. He also hosted 'Scales of Justice' as ,apparently, the court/justice procedures fascinated him. He wrote a lot of books both crime fiction and true crime stories - some of which were dramatized in the Edgar Wallace series. Have you read any of them? Are they any good?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 07:51 PM

I’m enjoying all the old Edgar Wallace films at the moment, boy that statue turning slowly around at the start used to give me the willies as a kid watching them in the picture house, horrible looking old devil he was, was that a bust of Wallace himself? He looked more like a used up wrestler than a writer.
I see Talking Pictures has a recent rival now called “Retro”, you may have to retune to get it on satellite, it’s good but the visual quality of the films is not the best so far, here’s hoping they get better copies, all those films are in the private domain now so there should not be too many repeats, there’s thousands of them out there for free now.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

13-06-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I didn't know Edgar Lustgarten hosted that one as well - will have to look on Amazon and/or YouTube. He also hosted 'Scales of Justice' as ,apparently, the court/justice procedures fascinated him. He wrote a lot of books both crime fiction and true crime stories - some of which were dramatized in the Edgar Wallace series. Have you read any of them? Are they any good?

Can't say I have but I used to watch the shows on TV many years ago and have caught a couple on Talking Pictures.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 04:33 PM

I'm still enjoying my Edward Wallace mysteries, I wish, though, that they were on at a different time. There is so much else interesting on between 8 and 9 and I'd like to record the show but only have 1 tuner unless I stream something on my Fire Stick and leave the TV to record.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top