Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:32 AM

BBC Question Time

I'm sure most of us have heard about David Dimbleby retiring from BBC Question Time.

Now discussions seem to revolve around who his replacement will be.

Many are sure that whoever it is, it will be a left-leaning an ineffective moderator, just like the outgoing Dimbleby. After all, the BBC is definitely a politically biased organisation.

The evidence is clear when you watch any of the QT programmes: lefty panellists outnumbering right-wingers, carefully selected audiences, and the host (Dimbleby) giving precedence to those with whom he agrees and cutting off those with whom he disagrees.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: BBC Question Time

Agree with every point you make about that programme and the BBC.

I used to enjoy it, but it is a programme that is noticeably leaning more and more to the left and particularly since Brexit.
In fact the programme has become a bore in the last couple of years and so has he, for the very reasons you give.

Same thing with News Night. Jeremy Paxman was the one who made that work. Since then, the presenters are rubbish and more leaning to the left.
One wonders who is the big fat controller in the BBC now, as it's supposed to be politically unbiased , isn't it ?

Note Laura Kuenssberg is back in the News limelight. Can't stand her. She's moving on to higher plains so maybe she will be a contender...... couldn't think of anyone worse !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:10 PM

There is talk of the replacement for Dimbleby being a woman

I won't be sorry to see the back of Dimbleby, he has had his day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:21 PM

It's strange, given we have a Leftie everything, we have a Tory Government, and will do so for the conceivable future.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:36 PM

The funny thing is JBR, as soon as I heard the news he was leaving, I thought of you. I reckon you could do the job no problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:43 PM

The advantage the BBC has is that it is funded from the TV Tax, which most of us cannot avoid paying, even if we don't want to watch the BBC.

Because their source of income is guaranteed, they are at liberty to push their own political preferences in freedom. The universities are in the same privileged position and most have the same political leanings, even to the extent of brainwashing young minds.

If the BBC was not publicly funded, it would be obliged to compete by selling air time to advertisers. Advertising companies are not stupid and would like their adverts to be seen by as many as possible, so the BBC would have to attract as wide a range of viewers as they can and this would include people of ALL political persuasions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The funny thing is JBR, as soon as I heard the news he was leaving, I thought of you. I reckon you could do the job no problem.
Yes, I would do an excellent job.

Every week, the panel would consist of right-wing politicians in favour of Brexit, and absolutely no lefty poets, 'comedians' and the like.

However, for entertainment value, I'd occasionally invite Diane Abacus too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
yes, i would do an excellent job.

Every week, the panel would consist of right-wing politicians in favour of brexit, and absolutely no lefty poets, 'comedians' and the like.

However, for entertainment value, i'd occasionally invite diane abacus too.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Dimbleby was an excellent presenter.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Dimbleby was an excellent presenter.
I just KNEW you'd say that...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top