Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Breast isn't always best

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44436686

Midwives have been told they must not dissuade women from bottle feeding if they can't or won't breastfeed

I could only breastfeed one of our children, fortunately in the 70s there was no, 'breast is best' pressure.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Re: Breast isn't always best

I had three of my children in the 1970’s and ‘Breast is Best’ was definitely promoted in the hospital where l gave birth to them.

I breast fed my first child but l got Mastitis which was very painful and l had to stop.

I didn’t breast feed my second child as l was worried l would get Mastitis again.

The third child, l said no but changed my mind but was told it was too late as l had taken the little pink pill that stopped you from producing milk.

My fourth child, l breast fed for 18 months.. teeth Ouch!

My fifth child, l breast fed for 6 months.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:50 AM

I couldn't breastfeed my first two girls, but managed for three months to feed the youngest. Not a pleasant experience, I was glad to put her on formula.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I couldn't breastfeed my first two girls, but managed for three months to feed the youngest. Not a pleasant experience, I was glad to put her on formula.

Tara, Aren’t breast fed babies supposed to be brainier?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tara, Aren’t breast fed babies supposed to be brainier?
All three girls are extremely intelligent with good degrees. The eldest is doing her doctorate, part time, at present.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Aww. I saw the thread title and I'm disappointed.
More of a legs and bums man myself!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 02:56 PM

I didn't feel comfortable breastfeeding as my baby didn't feed properly and I remember one of the midwives being really pushy with me trying to force me in to it, I ended up very distressed but stood my ground which she didn't like one bit, she was a bully looking back. My baby and I were much happier on formula. Breast isn't for everyone.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 05:37 PM

I was National Dried baby as mum couldn't feed we kids the old fashioned way. Just as well, I would have had stretch marks round my mouth.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Aww. I saw the thread title and I'm disappointed.
More of a legs and bums man myself!
You must have been a hungry undernourished baby Floydy if you bit your poor mum's legs and bum.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 05:52 PM

Breast was certainly best for me, I found it a very pleasurable experience.
It had the added benefits of providing my baby with antibodies, being instantly prepared and available, and tightening my tummy muscles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top