Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 11:42 AM

What has disconcerted you most?

During your lifetime what national or international event has bothered you the most?

For me it was the Cuban Missile Crisis when I was 13. My parents had warned my younger siblings and I, when we went to bed on the night which was at the height of the tension, that we could all be dead by the morning. NICE!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Re: What has disconcerted you most?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
During your lifetime what national or international event has bothered you the most?

For me it was the Cuban Missile Crisis when I was 13. My parents had warned my younger siblings and I, when we went to bed on the night which was at the height of the tension, that we could all be dead by the morning. NICE!
The Cuban Crisis was mine too.

I remember, if there was no agreement between Cuba and the USA, a missile was to be fired at ?3pm.
I was in my RE class at the time and as the time drew nearer to 3pm, l burst out crying and sobbed that l didn’t want to die. The teacher stopped the lesson to console me!!

Whenever l see any of my classmates, guess what’s the first thing they remember me for... crying about the Cuban Crisis!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:24 PM

9/11 was mine.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
9/11 was mine.
Same here. Until that it was Live Aid and the events surrounding that.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 01:16 PM

1984 Ethiopian famine, the BBC report showing a mother holding her emaciated baby will stay with me forever.
Then the rise of the amazing Bob Geldof and Midge Ure Band Aid.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 01:40 PM

For me it wasn't a world event, it was the disaster in Aberfan in October 66.

A close friend,who was at Cardiff university, went to assist in digging out the children who were trapped and he needed to talk about the horrors he had seen.
We were both young and could never understand why a slag heap had been created in such a close proximity to the school....or any other building for that matter!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
For me it wasn't a world event, it was the disaster in Aberfan in October 66.

A close friend,who was at Cardiff university, went to assist in digging out the children who were trapped and he needed to talk about the horrors he had seen.
We were both young and could never understand why a slag heap had been created in such a close proximity to the school....or any other building for that matter!
I was 16 at the time and remember it well, it was a terrible disaster.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 01:53 PM

The Aberfan disaster.I found out on that day that I was pregnant with my first baby.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 01:59 PM

9/11 u doubtably .
A terrible deliberate act of mass murder.
And those poor people so brave talking to their loved ones knowing they were going to die.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 02:37 PM

9/11 for sure . The Bradford fire was dreadful.
These days there are too many terror atrocities to mention as every one sickens me to the core knowing there are demons out there plotting to kill innocent people.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top