Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:11 AM

Agility Foxes

My son lives in a town but by a small copse where lives a family of foxes.
They come into his garden and he likes to watch them .
He has a 6ft fence around his garden so I was mystified how they got in.
He says they just hop on the fence run along the top onto the garage and then leap over to the neighbours shed roof.
He calls them agility foxes !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:59 AM

Re: Agility Foxes

Muddy, l have been told that foxes can jump 6ft fences. So l wouldn’t have been surprised if you had said they had jumped them to get into your son’s garden.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:02 AM

One of my cats once chased a fox out of the garden and the fox cleared a six foot fence with no problem.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:06 AM

Yes he says they clear the fence with ease.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes he says they clear the fence with ease.
I often wonder what would have happened if the fox had turned around and chased my cat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 09:56 AM

I got right up near a fox this morning It was on the other side on the hedge in with the sheep so I guess they masked my scent.
There is a whole family of foxes living in neighbour's old overgrown orchard a dog fox,vixen and I have seen 2 cubs. I guess it is the same pair I photographed last year (picture below).

Foxes are good at climbing and jumping, when we kept hens at home they found all kinds of ways to get in the pen including walking along a wall and jumping from there to the roof of the coop then onto the floor.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Last year foxes 2017.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	6227  
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 11:41 AM

There is a foxes den in my garden. It has been there for years and I wondered if it was still used. Only last week I saw Mr. Fox on his morning inspection for food . About 5am, and off he went through the hole in the hedge . Despite all the years I have only seen 2 cubs that came out to play one evening about 9.45pm. They spotted me and shot back into hiding.
I've noted plenty of the grand childrens' balls and small toys being moved around the garden overnight.

One was sunbathing on the lawn last year in the middle of the morning.. but we had a tame pheasant that came to visit each day, so maybe Mr Fox was playing cute games.

Anyway, he never caught the pheasant as it was run over just outside the house next door.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top