Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:03 PM

How can I watch TV whilst listening to it through Bluetooth headphones?

I can't see a way.

The TV doesn't have Bluetooth (an omission I find surprising in 2018). It does have an optical sound out which I'm unsure of how to use.

I run it through my Sony Hi-Fi (which does have Bluetooth but only for receiving) via a 3.5 to 3.5mm cable. The sound is great but sometimes at night I might want to blast out a movie without disturbing the neighbours.

Is there such a thing as a bluetooth dongle I could have attached to the TV via either the optical output, the headphone jack (which is what I'm currently using) or a USB or HDMI port which would be able to broadcast Bluetooth so I can listen on my nice headphones?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:28 PM

Re: How can I watch TV whilst listening to it through Bluetooth headphones?

Yes, I believe there is a bluetooth device that fits into your TV which receivs the signal.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 02:58 PM

And can then cast it to my BT headphones?

I hope so, as good as my hi-fi sounds, headphones still provide better sound quality being sealed to my ears.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 03:28 PM

Surely you can just get some ordinary wireless headphones? I had some years ago, Seinhiesser I think. Brilliant things. Just plugged it's little unit into the TV sound-out socket and away you go. Had rechargeable batteries which is important.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 03:37 PM

I've seen those - sound quality isn't great, I don't really want to buy new headphones as I have 2 expensive bluetooth sets already. Sennheiser PXC-550s and Bowers & Wilkins PX. Each of those cost more than the TV.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
And can then cast it to my BT headphones?

I hope so, as good as my hi-fi sounds, headphones still provide better sound quality being sealed to my ears.
I think so. I enquired about it in a shop because I thought I could just by cordless headphones and tune them to my TV but I was told I needed a Bluetooth device because my TV does not have it built in.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:21 PM

I've seen those - sound quality isn't great, I don't really want to buy new headphones as I have 2 expensive bluetooth sets already. Sennheiser PXC-550s and Bowers & Wilkins PX. Each of those cost more than the TV.
If you can bear with me for a few days, I have a set as described by realist which I don't use. I'll send them to you foc. They work really well and have good sound quality.
Save you buying any.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
If you can bear with me for a few days, I have a set as described by realist which I don't use. I'll send them to you foc. They work really well and have good sound quality.
Save you buying any.
Why, thank you - that is most generous of you.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:00 PM

Why, thank you - that is most generous of you.
No prob. They are packed away in the loft - just need to find them... Once I have, - pm me your addy and I'll send them on. I'll try to post them on Saturday.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-06-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
No prob. They are packed away in the loft - just need to find them... Once I have, - pm me your addy and I'll send them on. I'll try to post them on Saturday.
Thanks, if you could leave it to Monday I'll be out of hospital when they arrive.

Again, many thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top