Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 09:39 AM

Re: Name & Shame 'em!!!

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
This naming and shaming is getting even more depraved, is no one safe from abuse? I grew up with these two and they never once revealed the horrific abuse they both went through in the entertainment business.
Brilliant! That made me laugh.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Perhaps I am the odd one out here.

I can quite understand women being worried about going to the Police and reporting it, never easy and a source of embarrassment and publicity.

In the case of those in Parliament, reporting it to senior Politicians as it seems nothing was done.

Did they not have fathers and brothers they could talk to?

Persistent sexual harassment would result in a chat about the meaning of life with the offender concerned.

They would clearly understand what would happen if the behaviour continued or if they decided to sack the victim as a result of the little chat we were having.

That is a view not unique to me, it is one shared by many that I know.
Many IMO likely didn't want to admit it swim, if you go to police they are trained to bring out the story, telling your dad or family isn't easy. Many won't believe it even, they assume you are strong enough to have dealt with it.

They only thing I am uneasy about these cases is they are one persons word against another, and that should be tested in court not in the media.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Another one from the Loonybyn.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8036446.html

Oh dear! This thread is not going as planned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2017, 01:14 PM

They are at it in all the parties. It seems parliament is a hot bed of old fashioned views and inequality.

Someone said it might bring down the government, but I can't see any party fitter to take their place in this epic storm. I wanted to use another word but epic was less rude
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Hi

Julie, I am well aware of the many failings in the Police and the CPS.

I encouraged my daughter to be completely open with me and her brother, my Ex Wife was an issue with her.

She could tell us anything, even when she had done stupid things, like getting drunk when she was 14 and pretending she was 16 to get a job.

I do not have your faith in the Police.

Many years ago a female member of my family was seriously abused.

The Police were useless, the youth concerned was from a very wealthy and well connected family.

His word against hers, and he was laughing.

A very expensive legal team paid for by his family, we had nothing at that time.

There was no way she was going to go through the trauma of reliving the experience in Court with no chance of success.

It was dealt with by the brothers, he left Huddersfield.

The arrogant sod decided to return 4 years later, he lasted less than 48 hours.

He has not been back since, and that is 30 odd years ago.

I have absolutely no time at all for those who abuse women and kids.

That is just me, I will never change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-11-2017, 10:56 AM

Ggswim I can only speak from my experience when our lass came home telling us little more than she'd been raped, we went to the police and they couldn't have been better with her. Coaxed the story out, made sure a female officer, such a kind lady went with her to the hospital and stayed with her throughout the following investigation and court case. The police consider him a very dangerous man and have rear rested him 4 times as he left prison, didn't give him a chance to get back into society as long as they could keep him in custody.

They've protected us with her daughter too, it was social services gave him the name and address of his daughter ! Censured by the judge in the case I may add.

Yes the system worked well for her and her daughter. We still get a visit occasionally from the lady decective she is now, just checking grace is safe and happy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Hi

I am very pleased for you that you have had that experience.

My family did not, so we dealt with it ourselves.

I have no regrets for that at all.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 11:10 AM

How I miss the good old days when they were all too busy cheating and fiddling expenses to go round squeezing arses.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am very pleased for you that you have had that experience.

My family did not, so we dealt with it ourselves.

I have no regrets for that at all.
It should be nation wide I'm truly sorry you didn't get the best practice we did.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
How I miss the good old days when they were all too busy cheating and fiddling expenses to go round squeezing arses.

Ah, nice memories. Of course it doesn't mean they have stopped fiddling, just that it's not popular news at the moment.

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top