Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:24 AM

Re: Name & Shame 'em!!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm sad you find Uj like that I've always found him very respectful of women far more than some other men I've met on the forum. I don't like the term scumbags but he uses it freely about all people not women exclusively. Personally I'd add it to the swear filter that would end its use instantly.

My take on Uj is he is proudly communist in his political views and gets a bit over excited at things he sees as unfair in our society. I see others very personally rude and nasty to individuals Uj I rarely like that it's a more general loathing of people that don't make life better for others when they could.

I may be wrong it's happened before but I don't see him as a woman hater at all.
Hi

Uncle Joe is a Communist who decries the reality of life for women under Communism.

He is also a supporter of Scargill and his thugs.

We had no money at that time, and Scargill's thugs tipped my blind and disabled young brother out of his pushchair because Mum had no money to put in the bucket.

Absolute scum

Scargill had the arrogance to come and try to give a speech locally after that.

He is an utter coward, he and his hardmen fled before my and my brothers, only the 3 of us.

They are total and utter scum, just bullies, not real men at all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
No he is not a woman hater, just a hater of the conservative party and ANYTHING it may stand for, but has to use his disgusting term for them. As I said before it must give him a thrill every time he says it. The definition of his term for the Conservative party could well be applied to any party even his beloved Labour Party. The topics and posts on here are read by many more people than actually belong to the site, and im sure the use of language such as this puts a lot of people of joining.So maybe a time for Moderators ??? to show that they are either in favour of this type of language or not .
I think this 'Moderator' (who is not a member of the conservative party) has made it quite clear that the continual use of language like 'nasty scumbags' directed at any members of our society day after day as many times as possible is irritating and disrespectful and has resulted in some copycat behaviour on the forums as a form of retaliation.

This thread is about 'Naming and Shaming' in the context of sexual preditors. Calling whole sections of society 'nasty scumbags' because you don't agree with their politics to me shows a lack of respect for others and a lack of respect for others contributes to allowing some people to think sexual predation is acceptable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:26 AM

I'm getting really bored with historic sex allegations every week. Suffice it to say that almost every powerful individual has at some point taken advantage of their position. In the past it was just the norm that women were felt up and anyone who complained would have been laughed at. It's great that culture is changing but how much longer is this going to go on (and on)?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:33 AM

I agree AnnieS, I am fed up with all of this hysteria and of people seeing themselves as victims. I should think there are very few women alive who have not had either inappropriate remarks made or touching in their lives. I know I did from an early age, but one dealt with it, either by avoiding the perpetrator or making it abundantly clear that you found it unacceptable. Not by running to complain to anyone in authority. I never even told my mother when a man groped me at the age of eleven - just made sure I never was within range again.

Such behaviour is totally unacceptable, but in the case of the Minister who wanted his assistant to buy sex toys for him - she should have told him where to go in no uncertain terms...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
No he is not a woman hater, just a hater of the conservative party and ANYTHING it may stand for, but has to use his disgusting term for them. As I said before it must give him a thrill every time he says it. The definition of his term for the Conservative party could well be applied to any party even his beloved Labour Party. The topics and posts on here are read by many more people than actually belong to the site, and im sure the use of language such as this puts a lot of people of joining.So maybe a time for Moderators ??? to show that they are either in favour of this type of language or not .
Norway I've been here long enough to remember he called labour the same or worse. He isn't a Labour Party member or lover, tbh it's IMO daft to get caught up in worrying about the scumbag label as its use has been so prolific it should have lost its shock value. I think in all parties there are people that do this, it's too common to label others as whatever name you chose. I don't like term snow flake, I know I'm one I'm not even sure what it really means though. So is scumbag really worse than any other term chucked about on the forum ?

IMO mods need to crack down on all name calling by everyone that does it. Also ok he's a communist but he's not responsible for all ills communism has brought so do we really need to hear what they do each time he comments. Threads are descending into an abys of name calling and historical hysterical blaming members for things happened in other countries that they had nothing to do with.

Madness IMO
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Seems some politicians (yes from both sides) have misbehaved themselves. I say name and shame them all!!!

And yet another one - this one is a scumbag 'nasty party' member. I wonder how many more will crawl out or be discovered hiding
Whatever happened to 'innocent until proved guilty' naming people who have had accusations made against them which may or may not be true is wrong and unfair.
If someone has a legitimate complaint to make and feel unable to deal with a situation themselves should take their grievance to the police or a suitable person in authority .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Whatever happened to 'innocent until proved guilty' naming people who have had accusations made against them which may or may not be true is wrong and unfair.
If someone has a legitimate complaint to make and feel unable to deal with a situation themselves should take their grievance to the police or a suitable person in authority .
It is wrong I've long said all accused should have same anonymity as the victims.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Took her bloody long enough to react and issue a statement - forced into it by Jeremy and the antics of her own scumbag back-bench MPs

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...-1203571779_uk
So someone from the Nasty Party HAS spoken out after all which makes this thread seem even sillier.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Does Corbyn really want to look back at historic offences?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 06:27 PM

Soon men will be nervous of looking at females in case they get accused of harassment

A friendly squeeze on the arm to stress a point, will be a criminal offense.

On Graham Norton's chat show people phoned in to complain about Actor Adam Sandler for touching Actress Clare Foy's knee.

Clair said she was not offended by this gesture.

What about all the women who have not had their knees touched for years ?
They might like a little squeeze occasionally.!!

Monkeys who never get touched or a hug or squeeze Pine away with grief.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top