Join for free
Page 97 of 97 « First < 47 87 95 96 97
OldGreyFox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

The happy runs continued this morning with a reasonably comfortable eight miler.
At first I didn't think that was going to be the case. A very sticky night and the lightning that had flashed through the window last night didn't turn into the expected storm, so the temperature and humidity were still high, 23 degrees C and 50% humidity at six thirty this morning as I jogged off down the street.

I soon found the right pace to prevent overheating and that would get me all the way round the route without too much trouble. A bowl of Bob's life giving elixer [porridge with copious amounts of honey] soon had me ready to face whatever the day decides to throw at me...

Have never used the tape Val but seen other runners with it on. I just run through the pain.....
Tell your Daughter that runs don't have to be miserable or cut short in the hot weather, just go slower so as to avoid overheating. Once your core temperature raises by just one degree you lose ten percent of your power and feel like Sh!te......
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:10 PM

I think she must have felt like that Foxy, she doesn't give up easily!

Anyway pleased to hear you're back to your good runs, the weather must make a difference, it's been much cooler and drizzly here today.
OldGreyFox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Val J View Post
I think she must have felt like that Foxy, she doesn't give up easily!

Anyway pleased to hear you're back to your good runs, the weather must make a difference, it's been much cooler and drizzly here today.
The fact that she's a runner, and long distance at that, makes her something special in my book Val.......Respect!....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 10:53 AM

Aww thanks Foxy. I've found that you runners are great support for one another!
Page 97 of 97 « First < 47 87 95 96 97

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top