Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 10:20 AM

Teef Whitener.

Forget all about teef whitening stuff as it has been proved not to work owing to the amount of whitening stuff that is allowed by EU rules. So ... use baking soda (I think mine is that anyway - bicarbonate of soda). I apply a liberal helping of sensitive toothpaste and dunk it into a bowl of the soda. During brushing I dunk the toothbrush in a few times more so there is quite a lot of this soda in me gob. After brushing and rinsing I then wash my mouth out with Listerine Total Care Sensitive. Along with picking my teef with cable ties this keeps everything hunky dory and my breath pucker.

Small cable ties are available off Ebay for pennies.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...+ties&_sacat=0

For more beauty tips please visit my blog: marksbeautytipswotcostnexttonothing dot com.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 10:25 AM

Re: Teef Whitener.

I have used the bleach supplied by my Dentist (also available on ebay).

My teeth are as light as they were when I was a teenager and they look good.

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I have used the bleach supplied by my Dentist (also available on ebay).

My teeth are as light as they were when I was a teenager and they look good.
Can't argue with that but my tip saves money hand over fist. What about the cable ties? Bet no-one has thought of cleaning their teef with them before eh?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 12:35 PM

Squash a strawberry and dip yer toothbrush in that and clean yer teef
they will be white and bright .................. so I'm told
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Squash a strawberry and dip yer toothbrush in that and clean yer teef
they will be white and bright .................. so I'm told
yummmmmm

Cable ties are excellent and very cheap
I bought a load of them from my pound shop
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
yummmmmm

Cable ties are excellent and very cheap
I bought a load of them from my pound shop

Not for teef they're not - too many harmful chemicals
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Oooooo ... I shall keep away from them ... I ususlly use the 'Wisdom clean between' things
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 01:51 PM

Bicarbonate of soda is a very old form of toothpaste we used it when I was a little girl which may be why I have poor teeth now.

I guess bicarb neutralises the acid which occurs when we eat certain foods but I understand it can also damage the enamel which protects our teeth so it should be used with caution and only occasionally. .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Well I don't eat them!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bicarbonate of soda is a very old form of toothpaste we used it when I was a little girl which may be why I have poor teeth now.

I guess bicarb neutralises the acid which occurs when we eat certain foods but I understand it can also damage the enamel which protects our teeth so it should be used with caution and only occasionally. .
It saves money but uses will have to weigh up the pros and cons: do they want white teef without enamel or discolored teef with.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top