Join for free
Page 48 of 370 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

6 pints of lager and a large shot of vodka as a reward for my effort I reckon.

Only kidding .
Yes
Stick to the vodka mixed with wine and fizz
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes
Stick to the vodka mixed with wine and fizz
You know everything there is about me don't you .

Can't pull the wool over your eyes .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:39 PM

Dun did it. Twas far from easy. Mile to the beach which was mainly on rolling sand dunes then across to the river-mouth and back around for a total of around 6 miles.

6 pints of lager and a large shot of vodka as a reward for my effort I reckon.

Only kidding .
Well done Mark, but don't let enthusiasm and a desire to get back to where you left off override common sense.
PS:- Apparently 'Milk' is the best thing for rehydration after exercise.....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well done Mark, but don't let enthusiasm and a desire to get back to where you left off override common sense.
PS:- Apparently 'Milk' is the best thing for rehydration after exercise.....
Blimey, stiff and tired this morning. Back is suffering a bit but that was because of the gardening mainly though the running didn't help as I suffered quite a few twinges during it.

Will be concentrating on weight loss now with a view to being a little lighter each run. Got some frozen fruit defrosting in milk ready for brekkie - when I can face it that is.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Blimey, stiff and tired this morning. Back is suffering a bit but that was because of the gardening mainly though the running didn't help as I suffered quite a few twinges during it.

Will be concentrating on weight loss now with a view to being a little lighter each run. Got some frozen fruit defrosting in milk ready for brekkie - when I can face it that is.
Good on you Mark, and yes, I've noticed that weight plays a major part in the efficiency of running......Or lack of it....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good on you Mark, and yes, I've noticed that weight plays a major part in the efficiency of running......Or lack of it....
Slowly but surely I'm getting a handle on my fitness again. It has been a very turbulent 5 years or so for me in more ways than one - kind of like a delayed mid life crises. I've questioned being fit at all - questioned a great many other things too which has resulted in weight gains and losses - highs and lows in other words. Hope to hell some equilibrium returns and I can become both physically and mentally fit this time around . I need to curb the excesses.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:04 PM

I've been checking out a new gym with more modern equipment than the gym I currently use, and it was quite the experience! Loads of black and chrome machines which were so complicated-looking what with all the straps, buckles and handles that I was wondering which way 'round you were supposed to sit on them, never mind working out how to actually use them. Still, the young man doing the induction was very good and showed me the ropes over around 30 minutes, so I'm raring to go tomorrow.

I'm so glad all the treadmills and exercise bikes have little TVs with headphone sockets built into them - I usually find those machines so boring to use. The cafe on the floor below is a nice little bonus, too.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 04:59 PM

Up down, up down, up down - then the other eyelid.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2017, 09:25 PM

Felt better this evening. 4-5 miler and was def jogging a little easier and faster. Tell you what I had forgotten how nice a chilled lager is after hard exertion. Amber nectar of the gods for sure . Hot bath and a cold drink - bliss .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Visited the new gym for the third time this week and did 10 miles on an exercise bike, then about 40 minutes on various weight machines, then another 10 miles. I had a great bike ride on the second session, listening to loud, thumping music through my earphones with my eyes closed, enjoying the burn in my legs. Bliss. Did a warm-down on the machines lasting around 15 minutes then off for a nice refreshing coffee.

What I'm most pleased with so far is that I don't get out of breath. I get a nice "glow" on, I can feel my blood pumping nicely and my breathing remains steady, although it is deeper than usual. At least I'm not panting through my mouth.

Page 48 of 370 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top