Join for free
Page 8 of 370 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2016, 05:07 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Ah yes, I'm the same Mart. Hello there.
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Ah yes, I'm the same Mart. Hello there.

Hi Mart....hope you are well.

Taoist Tai Chi is very popular all over the world, so am rather surprised no one else does it on here....every muscle in your body is used, stretching and turning....I have arthritis, and its so helpful.....also very calming and de-stressing. Wont bore you anymore lol. But I recommend it to all.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rosey ->
Hi Mart....hope you are well.

Taoist Tai Chi is very popular all over the world, so am rather surprised no one else does it on here....every muscle in your body is used, stretching and turning....I have arthritis, and its so helpful.....also very calming and de-stressing. Wont bore you anymore lol. But I recommend it to all.
Hi rosey, i used to teach aerobics, but im too busy at the moment, but wouldnt mind trying taoist Tai Chi, can you get it on dvd......I walk ,when i can, and do exercises indoors....
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
Hi rosey, i used to teach aerobics, but im too busy at the moment, but wouldnt mind trying taoist Tai Chi, can you get it on dvd......I walk ,when i can, and do exercises indoors....
Hi Cosmos.........you can buy DVDs of Taoist Tai Chi, but you would need TVs in all corners of your room to learn from it ! - If you use YouTube....search for it, and you will find many videos - look for Master Moy's demo...he is our Founder member.....also look for a display at Castle Park, Colchester, I am in that lol. Its a fab hobby and keeps you fit and relaxed. Good luck.

Here is their website - www.taoist.org
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 05:06 PM

My skins all healed up now, resumed my regular Pilates class a month or so ago. Found it exhausting the first couple of sessions but much easier now.
Plucked up the courage to go for a swim today.
My first dip in several years...last time I was managing about 25 - 30lengths, today I managed 16 over 25 minutes with a little break after each two so I didn't get out of breath.
Hope I can get back to my previous level.
I'm tired!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My skins all healed up now, resumed my regular Pilates class a month or so ago. Found it exhausting the first couple of sessions but much easier now.
Plucked up the courage to go for a swim today.
My first dip in several years...last time I was managing about 25 - 30lengths, today I managed 16 over 25 minutes with a little break after each two so I didn't get out of breath.
Hope I can get back to my previous level.
I'm tired!!
Just to let you know that you are being read Ruthio and well done, don't expect too much too soon. Nice n' easy does it.
Look forward to hearing about your progress.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just to let you know that you are being read Ruthio and well done, don't expect too much too soon. Nice n' easy does it.
Look forward to hearing about your progress.
Thanks so much, that's so encouraging!
I'm hoping to go each week now...I think today was a milestone for me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:39 PM

I am jiggling things around at the moment.
I have gone back to an exercise class on Mondays that I used to do a while ago, just gentle stuff, concentrating mostly on balance, suppleness and keeping joints moving.

Then I pop in the gym for an hour on Tuesdays.
Do my Yoga on Wednesday.
Have a rest and chance to catch up on jobs Thurs.
And Friday (tomorrow), I am going to try a new Tai Chi class which is just starting.
I used to do Tai Chi back in the 80's, but must be very rusty now. If I don't like it, I shall do the gym again Fridays instead.

I try to keep going, partly because I don't want to lose my mobility, but also it's nice to have a bit of company as well.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

25-05-2016, 04:08 PM

Went for a swim this afternoon...26 lengths in half an hour with only a little rest now and again, better! So I'm feeling pleased except as I was munching on my nuts and raisins as I was getting changed afterwards a big piece of back tooth broke off...oh no! and bank holiday weekend coming up too
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Went for a swim this afternoon...26 lengths in half an hour with only a little rest now and again, better! So I'm feeling pleased except as I was munching on my nuts and raisins as I was getting changed afterwards a big piece of back tooth broke off...oh no! and bank holiday weekend coming up too
Well done on your impressive swim Ruthio, but you've got to be careful with the nuts. I've started mixing them in my porridge and had some close shaves biting down a bit too hard on them, it can be a costly business.

Page 8 of 370 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top