Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Re: Ppi

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Very true, Fender thanks
But as I say, this new request has come straight from my bank, so I'm deducing that the claims company are not involved
Understood mate.

Let us know how it goes.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Don't go through a company - no need.
Just do it yourself. I got 4k back from Barclays, took less than 2 months from writing to payment.
+1

You can send a letter to every company you have had credit with.....asking if PPI was included.

There are letter templates available online.

I got £6500 off HSBC.

Floydy....ignore the company you contacted...ignore anything you signed.....they're not going to sue over 30% of any successful refund you get.

Half of these agreements/contracts are BS, not worth a carrot, a lot of legal sounding mumbo jumbo.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
+1

You can send a letter to every company you have had credit with.....asking if PPI was included.

There are letter templates available online.

I got £6500 off HSBC.

Floydy....ignore the company you contacted...ignore anything you signed.....they're not going to sue over 30% of any successful refund you get.

Half of these agreements/contracts are BS, not worth a carrot, a lot of legal sounding mumbo jumbo.
How can you be sure that they can't sue me? I signed the agreement.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
How can you be sure that they can't sue me? I signed the agreement.
Half these companies are hit and run. Set up to milk the latest loophole.

They don't spend tens of thousands on corporate lawyers to draw up watertight legal docs.

These documents are probably available in fraught form and they alter them to suit their business.

I doubt they'd stand up to legal scrutinisation.

My mum was a lawyer and I'd always ask her to look over any contracts I'd been offered.
About 80% were lacking in the finer detail.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Half these companies are hit and run. Set up to milk the latest loophole.

They don't spend tens of thousands on corporate lawyers to draw up watertight legal docs.

These documents are probably available in fraught form and they alter them to suit their business.

I doubt they'd stand up to legal scrutinisation.

My mum was a lawyer and I'd always ask her to look over any contracts I'd been offered.
About 80% were lacking in the finer detail.
Will do, but it will be weeks yet until the bank send me any dosh - if anything is due to me anyway lol.
I'll keep you all informed of what happens.
Very helpful, thanks Tpin
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:47 PM

My take on this.

If you went with one of these fly-by-night PPI companies then firstly that was ill-advised imo and secondly you will have signed a form giving them the various rights, such as the right to dig into your finance details, access your credit stuff and so on. There will doubtless be a clause in there about how much of the proceeds they are able to take for themselves on any mis-sold PPI uncovered.

You need to read through that document very carefully imo. Post a copy up here if you would like others to comment on it.

I would tend to treat this a bit like job agencies. If you go to an agency and sign up with them to find a job for you, then in doing so, you are contracting with them and they are then entitled usually to some percentage of your initial wage. If, whilst they are looking for you, you discover a job yourself then the outcome depends on whether that job agency is attached to or linked with the company employer you found. If they are, then even if you go direct to that employer you will still be liable to pay the agency.

I suspect PPI will be similar. Once you contract with a company to do the investigative work, then doing it yourself is a bit of a grey area

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top