Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

06-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Re: Global Warming

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

What we can do however is to stop pumping out vast amounts of dangerous complex hydrocarbons which we know will affect our health, irrespective of any global warning.
Well, if there really are "vast amounts", then there's no argument there, Swimfeeder. But who's going to be first?

Seems to me that if we don't stop intoxicating our air, we'll die out completely or revert to prehistoric population numbers.

But if we do stop intoxicating our air, we'll have to give up all the mod cons of our techno/entertainment/mobile/etc society...

... which will be just like being in prehistoric times anyway..

But to repeat; who's going to stop first? Who's going to volunteer to reverse the modernising process that keeps all their citizens fat and happy and content? Even in the western societies, I don't think people are quite stupified enough, (yet), to roll over for that.

Face it; we're stuffed. It was a nice run, from protozoa to super-athlete, but it's over now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyC ->
Well, if there really are "vast amounts", then there's no argument there, Swimfeeder. But who's going to be first?

Seems to me that if we don't stop intoxicating our air, we'll die out completely or revert to prehistoric population numbers.

But if we do stop intoxicating our air, we'll have to give up all the mod cons of our techno/entertainment/mobile/etc society...

... which will be just like being in prehistoric times anyway..

But to repeat; who's going to stop first? Who's going to volunteer to reverse the modernising process that keeps all their citizens fat and happy and content? Even in the western societies, I don't think people are quite stupified enough, (yet), to roll over for that.

Face it; we're stuffed. It was a nice run, from protozoa to super-athlete, but it's over now.
Hi

Stop being such a doom monger.

Hydrocarbon pollution is very localised.

I live in a village, 30 miles or so from big urban areas, and less than 5% of their hydrocarbon pollution levels.
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

06-03-2017, 11:25 PM

Hi

But I like being a doom monger!

I live in a village, 30 miles or so from big urban areas, and less than 5% of their hydrocarbon pollution levels.
Yes, but as you pointed out, someone, somewhere is "pumping out vast amounts of dangerous complex hydrocarbons".

But I just don't believe that's a cause of "global warming". So I don't think we're really disagreeing, Swim.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by April ->
Do not see any scientific reasons to disbelieve in human caused Climate Change. The ice core research, geological evidence, past rates of change, etc. are not impacted by political, economic or corporate issues. Those are just whitewashing, greenwashing, etc.
Who finances the research April?
Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you would you.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 12:42 PM

Hi

I don't think Jim is being a 'Doom Monger' Swim, he has arrived at the only conclusions that would be logical under the circumstances......

With our love of comfort it's not surprising that people from the far east who will build a car for a bowl of rice, will want some of it. And why not.....So every year the demand for oil increases dramatically, and there are applications where there is no substitute.... IT WILL RUN OUT......No doubt about it. Did you know that one of the first things to run out will be copper! Think about what we use copper for.....Wiring and piping mainly, but a whole host of other things.

Forget about 'Global Warming' there are many other threats coming our way in the not too distant future. The Earth will survive, but the human race might not...The Earth will shake us off as easy as a dog shakes off fleas....It's happened before.......
April
New Member!
U.S.
April is female 

30-05-2017, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Who finances the research April?
Wouldn't want to bite the hand that feeds you would you.......
Some are scientists using grants, others as part of their job with various agencies. If you were to ask where the money is coming from on the denial side, it would be lobbyists, hired corporate publicists and propagandists, people that actually have a large moneyed self-interest. The thing with science is that it is reproducible no matter who does it.
April
New Member!
U.S.
April is female 

30-05-2017, 02:42 AM

The work toward doing the right thing continues:

China, India to Reach Climate Goals Years Early, as U.S. Likely to Fall Far Short
While Trump administration rolls back emission controls, the other top emitters are moving quickly to fight climate change by cutting coal and boosting renewables.
Slowing coal use in China and India has put the world's two most populous countries on track to beat their carbon emission goals under the Paris climate agreement, according to a new analysis.
insideclimatenews.org/news/15052017/chin...er&utm_medium=social

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top