Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Re: Maybe there is no Dark Matter?

It's certainly bold of Verlinde to publish this new theory and rubbish Einstein's own theory which doesn't fit in with recent ideas on Quantum Physics. Tbh, I have never really believed in dark matter, I suppose because it's something I can't see but it will be interesting to see what effect it has on science in general. Of course it is all theory and the scientist are researching into the unknown
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 02:12 PM

There is a good quote about bending space time and it's implications:

'It's like planning your wedding seating plan but when you get there the restaurant has used a round table instead of a square one, resulting in your Dad now having to sit next to you Mum's new boyfriend.'
60fox
London
60fox is male  60fox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 02:06 AM

Hello Silbee , I like this part of your comment "When it arrives, it makes me want to stay up and enjoy the bliss. I often do until 3.am when the body just about packs itself up."

I often work a Night Shift and my break can be as late as 3 a.m sometimes. Do what I do at such a time 'Go for a walk, somewhere its really dark, the darker the better' Be careful though have a torch with you, in case you cant see where you are going. When its dark and you are out there all alone . You will feel like I do and that is you feel like your not alone. Something is there. Could this be Dark Matter ?
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 60fox ->
Hello Silbee , I like this part of your comment "When it arrives, it makes me want to stay up and enjoy the bliss. I often do until 3.am when the body just about packs itself up."

I often work a Night Shift and my break can be as late as 3 a.m sometimes. Do what I do at such a time 'Go for a walk, somewhere its really dark, the darker the better' Be careful though have a torch with you, in case you cant see where you are going. When its dark and you are out there all alone . You will feel like I do and that is you feel like your not alone. Something is there. Could this be Dark Matter ?
Blimey, if I did that, I'd never sleep, lol.

I understand where you're aiming though.

In September my daughter and I drove to Germany and and back through the night both ways. We were doing the Hoek von Holland to Cuxhaven leg from 1.00am both times.

It was zen like. I thought we'd be a little nervous travelling through the night but we weren't, it was amazing. It was the outstanding part of the trip.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2017, 11:54 AM

I also like the dark and find it protective rather than scary.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also like the dark and find it protective rather than scary.
Things that go 'bump' in the night
Should not really give one a fright.
It's the hole in each ear
That lets in the fear,
That, and the absence of light!

(Spike Milligan)
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:34 AM

No dark matter? Does that mean we are finally coming out of the dark ages?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:41 AM

Does it matter ?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:47 AM

Haha, maybe not in Queensland.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
things that go 'bump' in the night
should not really give one a fright.
It's the hole in each ear
that lets in the fear,
that, and the absence of light!

(spike milligan)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top