Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 03:40 PM

New Bugs?

How about this then, is it possible?

Taken from a newspaper cutting yesterday:

"Dangerous alien bugs brought back to Earth on spacecraft will never be contained forever, a top scientist revealed.

Human immune systems may be no defence against viruses or bacteria from other worlds.
So rock and ice samples from Mars and Jupiter moon Europa will be sealed away.

California doc John Rummel told a Boston meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science:
"Such life would be hardy. Precautions taken would provide a very high degree of containment."

Some people cannot fight off the bugs we already have, let alone unknown ones from outer space.
They can't develop antibiotics for bugs they don't even know about.

I wonder what would happen?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 04:15 PM

Re: New Bugs?

Sounds like a bit of a scare story to me.

Hang on!

Wait 'til the remainiacs hear about this. I can just imagine. Yet another story of doom to lay at the doors of Brexit!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Yep! I blame Brexit!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Ive got Man Flu, i can survive anything alien.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 05:19 PM

Hi

No need to wait for bugs from outer space.

Scientists have found some 50,000 year old bugs of completely unknown types which they are now reviving,

http://news.sky.com/story/ancient-mi...ystem-10772440
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 07:24 PM

Chancers the lot of them, one minute they tell you there is no life out there and the next minute we suddenly have bugs from Mars, who are they kidding.
Remember the time Clinton got all excited about what they thought was a bug on a rock spotted after they magnified a photo from Mars? He went on national TV to announce “There is life on Mars!” Turned out to be a few tiny scratches on the rock, I’m sure he felt a right gobshite after that beauty and a few ‘Scientists’ were demoted to mere insects in the government.
Maybe Trump will gather all the heavenly bugs, put them in a bunker in the Nevada Desert, and build a wall around them Mexican style, problem solved.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive got Man Flu, i can survive anything alien.

Aha. Man Flu ey . . you kept quiet about that young Nom.
How poorly do you feel?
Do you feel like holding on to remote whilst laying on the sofa, or being waited on hand and foot, and being fed grapes by Ditta?

If so, we have a remedy, but just let me consult my friend first.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:04 PM

Have a look at this. A fascinating illustration of what's down there.

http://www.bbc.com/future/bespoke/st...ntre-of-earth/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Hi

These women are getting the upper hand Nom.

They are even training innocent young children in their wicked ways.

Nurse Nadi, 7 years old, arrived mid morning.

I am laid up on the sofa.

The remote control was removed and taken out of my reach, she changed channels to one she wanted.

My temperature was taken, Ice Cream was called for.

She had a bowl full and I got a morsel, because my tummy is too big.

There is no chance for us in the future.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-02-2017, 08:22 PM

Sounds like Nurse Nadi is doing extremely well for one so young. I'm impressed.

I could make it worth your while to discreetly let me know the name of her tutor. Was it private tuition may I ask?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top