Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 07:21 AM

Re: Days out

I had a day out in The Mallee where some bugger had been graffittiing silos.

Better than tagging I thought.

...and Lake Tyrrell was a sea of salt

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	170217 039 Patchewollock Silo.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2813   Click image for larger version

Name:	170217 055 Brim Silo-001.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2814   Click image for larger version

Name:	170217 064 Sheep Hills Silo.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2815   Click image for larger version

Name:	170217 022 Lake Tyrrell.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2816  
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 08:35 AM

someone is a great artist Bruce..I bet the paint dried quick or was it a poster stuck on .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 09:21 AM

Interesting photos Bruce...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
someone is a great artist Bruce..I bet the paint dried quick or was it a poster stuck on .
No, they are painted . These silos are not used for storing grain any more - grain is stored on the ground on massive concrete slabs and covered with plastic.

Some artist called Guido van Helten painted the Brim silos and it attracted visitors so they made plans to to paint a total of five to bring in tourists. The ones I visited are the completed three in the Mallee. There is now one in SA painted by him but it is the first on a silo that is in use.

The following are not my photos:

Hopefully I will see these later in the April on my way to WA

You can read about them >>>>here<<<<
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Those are fantastic ! Puts banksy to shame !
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 02:05 PM

I had a sunny day out in Ely yesterday ,i went by train and went to the Cathedral and Oliver Cromwells house ,i hope to return to see more of Ely and walk beside the river ..
A four day trip in 3 weeks takes me to Devon , my first time there going by the coach company i travel with . Torquay,and Paignton is on the list...looking forward to this ..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Hi Eliza Ely is on my "must visit" list. I know you've visited Lincoln and that is also on my list so I'm having a one night stay there at the end of May.

Enjoy your weekend away .. Torquay is lovely (much nicer than Paignton) ... try to visit Brixham (bus from Torquay or Paignton) ... the steam train ride from Paignton to Kingswear (across the bay from Dartmouth) is great and I can also recommend the train ride from Torquay to Exeter along the coast (fantastic scenery) and Dawlish is well worth a visit ... I guarantee you'll want to go back as there's lots of gorgeous places .... I love it
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

19-05-2017, 04:49 PM

Hi Mrytle i was looking at the steam train from Paignton and thought i might do that on the day out there , How long did it take , is there any thing to see at Kingswear ? Appreciate anything you can tell me .

Lincoln is very olde world near the Cathedral if you walk up steep Hill , the Castle doesnt have a lot to offer , other than Cells and the Wall walk which does give great views which i did get some good photos across to the Cathedral ,Which has more to see inside ..

For Ely i only allowed 3hrs before return train home ,which is why id like to go back ,,the river walk looked nice lots of photo oppotunities , there was a small market Thursday ,and a museum i missed .

Have a wonderful time in Lincoln and Ely , and im trying to squeeze a over night stay in Norwich too...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Hi again

I've no plans to go to Ely in the near future .... it will have to wait !!!

The steam train ride to Kingswear is only about half an hour but there's nothing at Kingswear but the train ticket includes the ferry over to Dartmouth ... so either a return train ticket or bus back to Paignton.

I've downloaded some walks in Lincoln to make sure I see everything and I intend getting a joint ticket for the castle (I want to walk the walls) and cathedral. Can you walk the walls for free ???? From what you say it doesn't seem worth paying to go in the castle but the cathedral is a must.

When I go on coach trips I rarely go on the included excursions unless it's to places I really want to see ... I prefer using my bus pass as the local buses are so frequent and reliable.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

19-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Thanks for the info myrtle , now i know i can get there and back in time i will do the steam train...

re the Castle wall , I think that came in with the price of entry , ....
when I went the Magna Carta should have been there but had been lent out , so it might have been returned . I had seen it before though and it was kept in a glass Cage ..

You might want to check the reviews , what they say .

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top