Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:24 PM

Re: May's Easter Message.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What would you expect a PM to do? Do you think she should tell us we are all doomed?
She should just keep quiet. No need to tell lies when silence doesn't commit to anything.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well if that statement is based on your posts it must be true as you seem incapable of commenting on any subject other than the EU.
Because I do not live in the UK and do not comment on what goes on there.
I DO live in the EU and unlike so many in here have a decent working knowledge of how it operates...truthfully...and not informed by trashy press and whispers in pubs.
Flicker
France

18-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Having just read Theresa May's Easter speech I get the impression that we are moving in the right direction. It comes direct from the horses mouth, and my faith is one hundred percent behind what the PM is trying to do. I think I prefer Theresa's outlook on our leaving the EU as opposed to Flickers, but in the interest of good British - French relations, I wish Flicker [and indeed the French population] a very Happy Easter......
Thank you...it is biger than Xmas here. Largely because the weather is usually so wonderful.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:20 PM

When May tells us something, no matter what it is she comes across as a teacher reading a story to the class or a Mary Poppins type of character in a play, I quite expect her to start doing the actions to go with it or break out in song!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 02:39 PM

Shows that the EU is having some success with it's dirty tricks, especially the delaying tactics.
If the Negotiations drag out until 2020, or beyond, public opinion, in the UK, will probably plummet to the lowest ever!

Not much chance of getting easily re-elected if we let it all drag on that long! Clear need to get the election out of the way now.

Let's go for it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:13 PM

The June election is essential because of the anti-Brexit elements in Parliament: the Limp Dems, half of the Labour Party, the SNP and, of course, the unelected Lords.

TM needs to get a working majority behind her if she's going to carry through Brexit to our best advantage.

It annoys me that all of those people who are doing all they can to delay or even prevent Brexit are achieving nothing other than to make things worse for the country in the long run.

I hope as many of them as possible lose their seats.
Flicker
France

20-04-2017, 11:06 AM

Rubbish.
he EI doesn't care who or by what amount the govt in the UK is.

The UK will still get a bad deal.

What it DOES do is secure the tories for a 10 year unopposed rule. They will take post Brexit UK in whatever direction they want.
The coup will be completed and controlled by a PM who has done nothing but lie.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Rubbish.
he EI doesn't care who or by what amount the govt in the UK is.

The UK will still get a bad deal.

What it DOES do is secure the tories for a 10 year unopposed rule. They will take post Brexit UK in whatever direction they want.
The coup will be completed and controlled by a PM who has done nothing but lie.
Oh Flicker, what would we give to be as wise, as knowledgable and as wonderful as yourself. I have never known anyone quite so right as you, where would we be without your counsel....
Flicker
France

20-04-2017, 11:22 AM

You know Barry...instead of just mindlessly being sarcastic, why not tell me why you disagree and show us a semblance of intelligence? A five year old knows how to be sarcastic. But they rarely can counter the proposal.

So why is my proposal definitely incorrect?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Take no notice Barry .. that was top level sarcasm of the highest order and not to be denigrated.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top