Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:16 PM

Any Peep Show Fans on Here?

No? Can't say I'm surprised really. Yet it's an excellent situation comedy (that has now finished). Repeats have been shown in a loop for some time now on the Gold Channel.

It's one of those comedies that gets funnier the more you watch an episode - so you can keep going back to it. If you've never really given it a proper go, there is a very good one on tonight at 1.00 am. Jez is called for jury service and Mark goes along to a gay club with much ensuing mirth. .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:18 PM

Re: Any Peep Show Fans on Here?

I get the impression that you are a Tele addict, Gravitas
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I get the impression that you are a Tele addict, Gravitas
I'm more of a man of taste and discernment when it comes to TV and Radio. Rather than being one of those people who just sits in front of the box with the telly permanently tuned to ITV, watching whatever comes on, including hours of adverts every week.

It's about choosing quality, and Peep Show is quality.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:25 PM

...... but remember not everyone has the same viewing tastes as you
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:26 PM

Quality, like beauty, I would say is in the eye of the beholder..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I'm more of a man of taste and discernment when it comes to TV and Radio. Rather than being one of those people who just sits in front of the box with the telly permanently tuned to ITV, watching whatever comes on, including hours of adverts every week.

It's about choosing quality, and Peep Show is quality.
I don't know anyone who does that.

You remind me of someone...Now who can it be!!
Gravitas
North England

20-04-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I don't know anyone who does that.

You remind me of someone...Now who can it be!!
I don't know. But do let us know when you find out.
Gravitas
North England

20-04-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
...... but remember not everyone has the same viewing tastes as you
I'm well aware most people don't have my taste and discernment when it comes to TV (and many other things for that matter).

That's why I said in my O/P that I wasn't expecting there to be many, if any, Peep Show fans on here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:38 PM

Gravi, l downloaded an episode of Peep Show and l didn't laugh! Sorry!
It was about one of them moving into his friend's place and there were snakes slithering about on the floor.
Gravi, Are you quite young as l think that humour would appeal more to a younger audience?!!
Gravitas
North England

21-04-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Gravi, l downloaded an episode of Peep Show and l didn't laugh! Sorry!
It was about one of them moving into his friend's place and there were snakes slithering about on the floor.
Gravi, Are you quite young as l think that humour would appeal more to a younger audience?!!
No. And getting older by the day. I assumed it wouldn't be popular with the Terry and June generation. Particularly women.

You shouldn't have started with the snake one. That's a no-no. This one in 15 minutes is a good one, with shades of Twelve Angry Men. But as I've said, an episode gets better the more you watch it (a bit like many a quality album). If you have the pick of them any of the first series is a good bet (apart from the first one).

You are better watching them as a drama to start with (rather than a comedy).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top