Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:12 PM

Re: BREXIT is a LIE. GB is located in Europe.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hear that TM is planning for us to remain under the ECHR until 2022.

Then, of course, there was the report that she has no intention to reduce foreign aid.

Is she hoping to throw this GE?

I have heard that more people are, once again, looking to UKIP.
Funny that, I have heard that people have more brains than that.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JeffNev ->
The more and more this whole sorry saga unfolds, each day brings a dawning realisation that the UK is likely to leave the EU without any sort of deal in place. I cannot fathom how anyone genuinely believes this will have a greater impact upon the EU than the UK.

-Jeff
I don't think it is a battle to see who does best, that depends on future events. For the people who wanted to leave it was about retaining our sovereignty and not becoming a State of Europe.... which is the underlying plan.
There are a number of countries who are uncertain that, being a member of the EU, is their best course of action but, if they wait to see how we fare, they may well find it is no longer as easy to get out.
All it will take is a couple of countries, with good economies, to leave and the EU may fare worse than expected... so we will all just have to wait and see.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think it is a battle to see who does best, that depends on future events. For the people who wanted to leave it was about retaining our sovereignty and not becoming a State of Europe.... which is the underlying plan.
There are a number of countries who are uncertain that, being a member of the EU, is their best course of action but, if they wait to see how we fare, they may well find it is no longer as easy to get out.
All it will take is a couple of countries, with good economies, to leave and the EU may fare worse than expected... so we will all just have to wait and see.
We are one of the richest countries in the EU and our leaving is going to hurt the EU badly. This, of course, is why they are desperately trying to 'fine' us billions for leaving!

Needless to say, I am of the firm belief that we should not pay any of their demands or, alternatively, we should put together a counterclaim of the same financial value.

After all, how on earth can the EU justify the figures they pluck out of thin air when they don't bother to have their accounts signed off.

On the same basis, surely we can pluck enormous figures out of the air too!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 08:02 PM

We are one of the richest countries in the EU and our leaving is going to hurt the EU badly. This, of course, is why they are desperately trying to 'fine' us billions for leaving!

Needless to say, I am of the firm belief that we should not pay any of their demands or, alternatively, we should put together a counterclaim of the same financial value.

After all, how on earth can the EU justify the figures they pluck out of thin air when they don't bother to have their accounts signed off.

On the same basis, surely we can pluck enormous figures out of the air too!
Hi

We need to get rid of the fallacy that the UK leaving is going to cost the EU more than it costs the UK.

I am amazed that otherwise sane and logical people believe this.

It is simple maths, back of a fag packet stuff.

I have given up trying to explain it, because some have completely closed minds.

How much leaving costs will depend on the skill and ability of our Politicians, not only in the negotiations with the EU, but in getting the systems in place to protect our Borders, control Immigration and collect all the WTO Tariffs we will need to fund our Government and Services.

That is step one.

Step two is getting new trade deals with the rest of the World.

How quickly we can get them will again depend on the skill and ability of our Politicians

The EU will publish it's opening gambit after the EU Summit tomorrow

The UK will publish ours after the Election in June.

Germany is very powerful in the EU, so in reality nothing significant will be decided until after the German Elections on the 24th September.

There may well be a change, Merkel is being challenged.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We need to get rid of the fallacy that the UK leaving is going to cost the EU more than it costs the UK.

It is simple maths, back of a fag packet stuff.
I never mentioned how much it would cost us, quite simply because I don't know.

However, I do know that we pay them in the region of £9 billion a year. After we have left, they will be looking for some way of making up the shortfall.

So who's going to pay it? Germany? France? They're the two richest anyway. Surely they wouldn't try to extract that money from the poorer EU countries... would they?

Now that's 'back of a fag packet stuff'!

Of course I accept that it will cost us, but we should certainly not give in to their blackmail attempts of £50 billion or whatever the latest demand is.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That's pretty much how I see things too, Twink. Also wondering about the announcement yesterday with regard to the initial negotiations about money, people and Ireland. That I am sure is to put the wind up any other country that is likely to decide the same way as we have. With that in mind, I have a feeling they are likely to go for the jugular.

We will survive, and the whole system seems very much like us being allowed out on bail atm. We were almost 'theirs' the same happened in USSR and we only need a crackpot leader and band of merry men running the federal state of Europe and we (Britain) could easily end up the same as one of the Russian states. At the end of the day, once control is achieved, it doesn't matter who commands as they would have total command with no opposition.

Populations ....
Russia 145 million
USA 320 million
Europe 743 million and rising

How can a few control a population of 743 million without complete control . Loyalty to a different member states people would not be in the equation either, we would all be people, numbers and fit for fodder in the event of battle. Why would a German be bothered about a Spanish or Greek family for example ? They wouldn't if push came to shove, we are not 'brother's' or 'sisters' never have been, never naturally will be, however hard they try to integrate us

I now actually hope Le Penn wins and if France follows us it could be the last chance at the O.K. Corral .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 10:00 AM

I never mentioned how much it would cost us, quite simply because I don't know.

However, I do know that we pay them in the region of £9 billion a year. After we have left, they will be looking for some way of making up the shortfall.

So who's going to pay it? Germany? France? They're the two richest anyway. Surely they wouldn't try to extract that money from the poorer EU countries... would they?

Now that's 'back of a fag packet stuff'!

Of course I accept that it will cost us, but we should certainly not give in to their blackmail attempts of £50 billion or whatever the latest demand is.
Hi

The EU has already made up the shortfall.

We are losing EU Clearing, no surprise, we would not have the £ traded in the EU when we leave.

We clear in the City of London over £500 Billion a day in Euros and Euro trade insurance.

That is going to the EU.

This earns us over £20 Billion a year in tax.

We pay the EU as you say, around £9 Billion a year.

This leaves us with a shortfall of over twice as much as we pay the EU.

This equivalent to a 12% Cut in State Pensions.

Us Pensioners cannot ,and should not, expect to be exempt from the costs of leaving, we should take our share of the hit.

The hit will only be temporary, a few years, but we should take it.

There is no need to take it of course, it could be paid for by slashing the Overseas Aid Budget of £13.3 Billion a year.

Mrs May has refused point blank to cut it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 10:10 AM

We will take it Swim, and why not ? The Germans are complaining about their loss of social security, amongst other things.

No one is happy, and there is no easy fix, but at least we now have the chance to fix it. Our young people may have a brighter future, instead of being cloned and told what they will be doing in 20 yrs time.

Rough with the smooth ? Every time, then we can appreciate the good times instead of mundane day in day out graft.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-04-2017, 10:19 AM

I also wonder if the French election will be rigged now, as months ago Mr Schultz was adamant that M/s Le Penn would NOT win the French elections. How could he be SO sure ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
We will take it Swim, and why not ? The Germans are complaining about their loss of social security, amongst other things.

No one is happy, and there is no easy fix, but at least we now have the chance to fix it. Our young people may have a brighter future, instead of being cloned and told what they will be doing in 20 yrs time.

Rough with the smooth ? Every time, then we can appreciate the good times instead of mundane day in day out graft.
Hi

I agree totally that we are better off, long term, out rather than staying in.

What I cannot understand is why our Politicians are going to make us suffer far more than we need to simply by refusing to cut the Overseas Aid Budget.

We pay them to look after us, not send to money abroad to Countries who can afford Nuclear Weapons and Space Travel.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top