Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:05 AM

Re: Making a complaint.

They may remove bad reviews I prefer Google reviews they have no way to take them down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Carol, a second line of attack might be on their website, if there is one.
Sometimes there are customer reviews!!!!

Good point ruthio.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They may remove bad reviews I prefer Google reviews they have no way to take them down.

Yes, that's possible Julie, but Carol could read through the other reviews first, and see if there are only good ones perhaps.
Anyway, like I said earlier, it is the practitioner herself who wants dealing with and you might have to be careful of slating her personally on the website?

I think after I had spoken to the practice manager (or whoever runs the place), if I didn't get any joy there, I would go to the governing body.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 10:45 AM

I'm just wondering what outcome you are looking for.? I know you had a bad experience are you wanting a refund or are you looking for more than that? It's just I expect this woman does have successes too, were you recommended? I'm interested what outcome would satisfy you?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 11:12 AM

I want the satisfaction of knowing my complaint has been taken seriously and to see her found guilty of professional incompetence.

It would be good if I got a refund but I'm not expecting anything.

I have left a Google review on their website.
Most of the other reviews are good but they're all for the one man called Paul - he who owns & runs the practice. There are no reviews for the other therapists at all..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Good luck Carol, let us know how you get on.
I would definitely report the incident to the boss though, he needs to know if his staff are losing him customers.

If the owner doesn't respond, I would note that as well, and take it further.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 11:50 AM

The incident was reported to the boss.
The letter I quote in the OP was a copy of the one I sent to him both by Royal Mail and email.

I didn't get any response. I at least expected an offer to sort it out- but nothing at all.
It's like they've closed ranks and are ignoring me.

Perhaps they hope I'll go away..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 12:06 PM

Hi Carol , having read through this....
https://www.gcc-uk.org/UserFiles/Doc...de%20Final.pdf

I think the treatment you received falls short of what is to be expected in a number of areas.

I would read through the code of conduct and select the parts that you think are relevant to yourself and the treatment you received and if you don't hear something soon write again to General Chiropractic Council quoting them.

Good luck, don't expect a speedy response professional bodies can be slow to respond, remember they may be contacting the people concerned and waiting for a response too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Thank you for that Meg. There are certainly a few examples I can pick out.

The General Chiropractic Council have been in touch with me and things are well under way.

I have given them permission to access my doctors records and also I have agreed to give them an official statement. They are going to phone me in two weeks (I am away next week) on an agreed date.

Things are moving slowly but at least they're moving.
I don't believe the council would have taken my case on if they didn't believe this therapist had done something wrong.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Sounds hopeful Carol. Keep us posted.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top