Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 10:52 PM

Bread (supermarket) and refreezing

OK
I guess you're not supposed to freeze it, defrost it, refreeze it, defrost it and eat it.

QUESTION ...
How many of you have done this and not suffered ?

I was going to ask how many of you had done this and died but realised that would be a bit silly

'he' thinks he did it and no probs lol .... no comment

Thank you
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:03 PM

Re: Bread (supermarket) and refreezing

I generally freeze the bread and just unfreeze a slice or two at a time but have read it's very bad for you as freezing makes a chemical change in the bread.

( I am still alive )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:04 PM

I don't freeze, defrost, and refreeze anything, except perhaps some frozen raw meat which I then defrost and make something with, then freeze in separate portions once cooked.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do it all the time but have read it's very bad for you as freezing makes a chemical change in the bread.
I generally freeze the bread and just unfreeze a slice or two at a time .
Yes that's what I do but yesterday I ran out of my favourite bread and thought I'd not be going out again for a while, so defrosted a whole loaf of white stuff

Bought my favourite loaf (Tesco's Super-Seeded) this evening, so am unsure about the defrosted one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes that's what I do but yesterday I ran out of my favourite bread and thought I'd not be going out again for a while, so defrosted a whole loaf of white stuff

Bought my favourite loaf (Tesco's Super-Seeded) this evening, so am unsure about the defrosted one.

Make a bread pudding, or give it to the birds bit by bit.
Failing that, if you don't like it - chuck it. I wouldn't refreeze it personally.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2017, 11:22 PM

Yes it will probaby be stale anyway I find for bread freezing to be successful you have to do it as soon as you get it home.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Make a bread pudding, or give it to the birds bit by bit.
Failing that, if you don't like it - chuck it. I wouldn't refreeze it personally.

I don't do bread pudding and I don't encourage birds into the garden (2 pussycats).

Maybe I should just eat it and freeze the yummy yummy seeded one
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2017, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes it will probaby be stale anyway I find for bread freezing to be successful you have to do it as soon as you get it home.
No snot stale.

Supermarket sliced loaf (Warburton's).

These dreadful processed loaves never go stale.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-05-2017, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I don't do bread pudding and I don't encourage birds into the garden (2 pussycats).

Maybe I should just eat it and freeze the yummy yummy seeded one

Probably the best bet.

OR . . . make a load of sarnies for 'himself' with it.
Then you can eat the yummy seeded one.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2017, 11:31 PM

Freeze it but never take it out it will be like a time capsule for future generations

I have several items entombed in ice at the bottom of my freezer no idea what they are .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top