Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 12:58 AM

The Excitement... the Thrills... the Spills...

You can follow my trip around Australia by clicking here:

http://bcl1947.blogspot.com.au/

Or not as the case may be.

Read about my meeting with Prince Leonard, swoon at the sight of dolphins training people to feed them fish, gasp at the beauty of the Nullarbor Plain (Nullus Arbor - no trees). It is all there for your nihilistic delight
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 04:34 AM

Re: The Excitement... the Thrills... the Spills...

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Good photos and the write-up was brief but informative and to the point.

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 10:57 AM

+1 A good read and photos
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Excellent Bruce. I really enjoyed that.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Good photos and the write-up was brief but informative and to the point.

Bruce, this wasn't supposed to sound like a teacher's assessment of a pupil's essay on their summer break.

After re-reading it I had a flashback to my schooldays and broke out in a cold sweat
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 01:23 PM

I'd put photos in here but unfortunately this is Australia. Australia is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to Australia... Oooops... channelling Douglas Adams there.

It is so annoying to be standing at a roadhouse in a desert next to a telephone tower and your phone says "Emergency calls only" because the tower belongs to only Telstra.

Once you get outside the big cities and populated areas mobile phone coverage is the domain of the overpriced rip off Telstra - Optus Vodaphone TPG don't get a look in. Whereas my normal phone has unlimited calls, texts and 3GB of data it only works spasmodically in remote areas so I have a spare phone with a Telstra SIM and only 3G coverage hence the Blog is the only source of info for my kids etc.

I update it just about every day.

This is the end of my third week here are some stats

Distance driven so far: 6800km
Fuel: 647 litres of diesel at a cost of: $870
Most expensive fuel $1.74/l, Average $1.34/l
Accommodation (Caravan Parks powered sites): $590

(Divide $ by 2 for pounds)

So far am living within my means ie my pension/superannuation and enjoying myself immensely.

Thanks for your comments I appreciate them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Lovely photos and write up Bruce, thanks for allowing us to share your journey

The Shell Beach looks amazing; had to smile at "Fully Supervised Husband Creche" sign

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top