Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Re: Your very first car.

I often wonder what happened to our black four door Morris Minor, VXE128.
First car after we wed 51 years ago.......
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 07:23 PM

Just found a piccie of an identical Austin 7 which was my first.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:38 PM

My first car was a 1955 split windscreen Moggie.

Bought it for £100. It was navy with flaky paint and I hated it at first. My bestest husband, got it resprayed in light blue for me.

I had it for about 5 yrs till the dust cart ran into it and wrecked it in the snow and ice with me in it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car 1975.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	3389  
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
My first car was a 1955 split windscreen Moggie.

Bought it for £100. It was navy with flaky paint and I hated it at first. My bestest husband, got it resprayed in light blue for me.

I had it for about 5 yrs till the dust cart ran into it and wrecked it in the snow and ice with me in it.
Where's the blue light?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Where's the blue light?
shurrup
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
shurrup
May I ask...."Did you wear black stockings under that uniform"?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

15-07-2017, 10:55 PM

May I ask...."Did you wear black stockings under that uniform"?
Yes of course
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 02:58 AM

My first car was a 1947 Hillman Minx.

Side valve engine, with a "thermo syphon" cooling system ie no water pump, leaf springs front and back, cable brakes, suicide doors, semaphore indicators, bucket seats(!), tons of room in the back seat area and massive but narrow wheels. It had those absurd vacuum driven wipers than slowed to a crawl when you went up hill and which you could operate separately, the front windscreen opened forward and it had a sunroof that leaked. Awful car but at 17 I thought it the bees knees.

I bought for £10 from a bloke at work - that was two weeks wages! I had a lot of fun with it before I broke a half shaft and scrapped it prior to emigrating to Australia (what is it with British cars and broken axles?)

I am pretty sure I still have the manual for it somewhere and some pictures but I found this on the web

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-07-2017, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My first car was a 1947 Hillman Minx.

Side valve engine, with a "thermo syphon" cooling system ie no water pump, leaf springs front and back, cable brakes, suicide doors, semaphore indicators, bucket seats(!), tons of room in the back seat area and massive but narrow wheels. It had those absurd vacuum driven wipers than slowed to a crawl when you went up hill and which you could operate separately, the front windscreen opened forward and it had a sunroof that leaked. Awful car but at 17 I thought it the bees knees.

I bought for £10 from a bloke at work - that was two weeks wages! I had a lot of fun with it before I broke a half shaft and scrapped it prior to emigrating to Australia (what is it with British cars and broken axles?)

I am pretty sure I still have the manual for it somewhere and some pictures but I found this on the web

Bruce, may I ask how old you are?

at a guess I'd say around 88?

If so, may I congratulate you even more on your recent epic journey......it's great to see people putting two fingers up to ageing and carrying on enjoying life to the max.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:42 AM

Bruce, may I ask how old you are?

at a guess I'd say around 88?

If so, may I congratulate you even more on your recent epic journey......it's great to see people putting two fingers up to ageing and carrying on enjoying life to the max.
are you going to congratulate me too?

This is a pic of me and my Dad in 1806

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top