Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Re: MOT beware

I know one thing: always try and find an MOT station that doesn't carry out repairs as there is less chance of being ripped off.

Mine just few through the MOT - no worries .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:36 PM

I found out what the problem was with my MOT garage, the usual guy has retired and they're waiting for the business to be taken over by a chap who works there, solicitors are holding things up as usual, so he's picking my car up and taking it to another garage for me! Good service, they want to keep their regular customers happy!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I know one thing: always try and find an MOT station that doesn't carry out repairs as there is less chance of being ripped off.
Yep totally agree. I switched over to an "MOT" only type garage a long time ago. Previous garages which did MOTs and Repairs always found ridiculous small things to fail the MOT but which they could magically correct quickly for a few £££s.

My MOTs are always drive ins now with a customer viewing area. I drive in, watch the MOT being done and am out in about an hour, job done.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top