Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Any Tips Regarding PIPS Interview

Morning everyone. Wonder if someone could advise me please.
I have a male neighbour who is a widower, aged 65, who is on disability living allowance for osteoarthritis and sciatica.

He has received a letter this week requiring he attend a PIPS interview and is really stressing over it.

He is a lovely man, kind, caring, always in a lot of pain but doesn't dwell on it, with him it's a case of having to get on with it as there are others in a lot worse condition.
However, he has confided in he who must obey (who told me) that he is really frightened about going to this interview as he has heard so many horror stories about so many disabled people having their benefit taken from them.
he said that he can only be truthful but by being truthful, is it going to go against him and leave him destitute?

He was a manual worker for most of his working life and doesn't have family living locally. The only help he has is a cleaner who comes in for two hours a week to clean and iron for him and is paid out of his allowance.

He asked he who must obey if he had any advice as he doesn't have a computer or mobile phone, just his landline phone so he is unable to get any advice or information. Unfortunately, neither of us is able to help at present because the only thing we claim is my state pension.

I just wondered if anyone on here could please give me some advice so I can pass it on to him. We are starting to get worried ourselves thinking about how scared he must be. He really is a genuine person and is the furthest from anyone claiming something he is not entitled to.

What made it worse, another neighbour visited him yesterday and informed him that the company carrying out the interviews are not all medical staff and are on bonuses for every person they can stop having the new PIP payment. He who must obey says that it has really made him stressful.

Thank you for any information It would be really welcomed.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Re: Any Tips Regarding PIPS Interview

I have been told i must apply for this however i am avoiding doing so, im reluctant to put myself in their hands. Will be interested in the replies.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I have been told i must apply for this however i am avoiding doing so, im reluctant to put myself in their hands. Will be interested in the replies.

Nom matey - go ahead - do it!!! - if not, they could terminate your DLA and stop you claiming PIP, as its time limited.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 12:21 PM

The worrying thing is a lot are loosing their allowance and told they could work . My dear friend J was worried , she did loose £350 a month and is appealing , she's 63 has fibromyalga and ME, I spent a week with her recently and saw how unwell she really is , suffers with pain constantly too . The only thing he can do is appeal if he does lose money.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
The worrying thing is a lot are loosing their allowance and told they could work . My dear friend J was worried , she did loose £350 a month and is appealing , she's 63 has fibromyalga and ME, I spent a week with her recently and saw how unwell she really is , suffers with pain constantly too . The only thing he can do is appeal if he does lose money.

Having represented many claimants at Tribunals, I'm here to help if you (or your friend) need me Susan darlin'.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 01:14 PM

Make sure that as much information as possible is included on the PIP application form. The more medical professionals - GPs, Consultants, Occupational Therapists etc you can name as sources of information, the better. Don't exaggerate the level of your disability, but don't minimise it either. It is true as someone mentioned above that the assessors are often unqualified. The assessor who assessed my wife recently (she was awarded PIP and got a £30 per week increase) was a part-time nursing assistant on a hospital ward which had a few disabled patients........
Anyway -
There is a very useful website chockful of support for those claiming PIP - http://www.fightback4justice.co.uk/
If your friend does not get awarded PIP - appeal! If it is still refused, take it to a tribunal (60% of those who appeal at tribunal get the decision reversed).
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Having represented many claimants at Tribunals, I'm here to help if you (or your friend) need me Susan darlin'.

Thankyou uncle Joe x
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-05-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Thankyou uncle Joe x

You're very welcome Susan darlin' - as the saying goes - Non illigitimati carborundum - don't let the barstewards get you down!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 04:57 PM

One thing i was told by CAB, i have to apply myself if it is knocked back at that point they would get involved.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-05-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
One thing i was told by CAB, i have to apply myself if it is knocked back at that point they would get involved.
Yes Nom matey so complete the form and send it off as soon as you can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top