Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Re: Any Tips Regarding PIPS Interview

Answer every question as if it is your worst day health wise not your 'best, if I push myself day'..
In any question where you have to answer yes no chose the option that benefits you not them.

Never allow them to make you doubt your disability or entitlement.

Advice given by a social worker to a friend of mine.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Thank you all for your replies. As I said, he has not got a computer but I will look it up myself and print off the help he can get. xx
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 02:46 PM

CAB helped me big time & have a marvellous web site.

There are loads of other helpful sites on line.

Don't be intimidated, keep lots of notes/daily diaries of activities/difficulties/ letters/falls, everything!

find someone to help with forms
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 02:47 PM

Sorry to be so cynical but turn up dead. I could get cross as I have a friend who is `under review?` She would love to get a job even at 62,it`s just annoying little things like fibro,arthritis and chronic pain/fatigue that hold her back
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 04:49 PM

My husband received PIP as he had terminal cancer, but we did attend an interview as I was advised to claim also due to my health conditions.
The ladies who interviewed us had been nurses previously.
They were pleasant, helpful and sympathetic to our problems.
They ask a number of questions regarding day to day activities and depending on the answers you get so many points. I think its around 8 for basic payment and 12 for enhanced rate.
Questions asked have options, like a multiple choice.
They want to know how difficult things are for you.....bathing, dressing yourself, preparing meals, eating and drinking,managing money, toilet needs and incontinence, travelling. etc

Basically be as honest as you can, try not to be embarrassed.
If a question is confusing ask for help.
I found the how far can you walk unassisted a bit difficult. Firstly trying to visualise how far 50 metres, 200 metres etc is.
Then having to add that on bad days I can barely make it to the kitchen.

They can visit at home if you are very unwell also.

The lady that assessed me did want to make it clear that she wasn't there to try to catch people out, but to help them get any benefit they are entitled to.
It would probably help if he was accompanied by a relative or friend for support.
I wish your neighbour all the best.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by callistra ->
My husband received PIP as he had terminal cancer, but we did attend an interview as I was advised to claim also due to my health conditions.
The ladies who interviewed us had been nurses previously.
They were pleasant, helpful and sympathetic to our problems.
They ask a number of questions regarding day to day activities and depending on the answers you get so many points. I think its around 8 for basic payment and 12 for enhanced rate.
Questions asked have options, like a multiple choice.
They want to know how difficult things are for you.....bathing, dressing yourself, preparing meals, eating and drinking,managing money, toilet needs and incontinence, travelling. etc

Basically be as honest as you can, try not to be embarrassed.
If a question is confusing ask for help.
I found the how far can you walk unassisted a bit difficult. Firstly trying to visualise how far 50 metres, 200 metres etc is.
Then having to add that on bad days I can barely make it to the kitchen.

They can visit at home if you are very unwell also.

The lady that assessed me did want to make it clear that she wasn't there to try to catch people out, but to help them get any benefit they are entitled to.
It would probably help if he was accompanied by a relative or friend for support.
I wish your neighbour all the best.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - the usual spiel!!! - being the cynical old sod that I am I don't believe it!!!- You're entitled to see a copy of the report this lady makes (you have to request a copy of it). Only when its in writing confirming an entitlement would I believe it. Just remember if they get things wrong and you don't get PIP or they don't give you full entitlement, you have right of appeal against their determination.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Make sure you let them know how much pain disability this illness causes. See if you have a Disability advisor/office in your area,if so get in touch with them, they will get someone to go with you and represent your case to the meeting much better than you can. You should find their address in the telephone book or ring CAB /Council. My son had a meeting a couple of months ago,he was represented by a disability advisor [their service is free ,run by volunteers]he won his case.he was interviewed by 3 men,1 a Dr,1 a judge,cant remember the 3rd, but his advisor presented his case, he only had to answer a few questions
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:21 PM

I forgot to mention if you can not find/do not have a disability advice centre you can ask for someone from the CAB to go with you /represent you at your meeting.Hope this helps,its always good to have someone with you who is better at presenting things
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I forgot to mention if you can not find/do not have a disability advice centre you can ask for someone from the CAB to go with you /represent you at your meeting.Hope this helps,its always good to have someone with you who is better at presenting things

Whilst that used to be the case darlin', sadly CABX are now prevented from doing so!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whilst that used to be the case darlin', sadly CABX are now prevented from doing so!!!
I was told that if you art struggling with the form they will help you out, and also always use your worst days to explain your ability to function.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top