Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Pushbutton start and keyless entry

If you own a car that has a pushbutton start on the dash, keyless entry and stop start, you need to be aware that the engine may not turn off,
This is what can happen,
You arrive in the car park and the engine cuts out on the stop start, you get out of the car and walk away, the car locks itself, as you are a set distance from the vehicle, because you haven't pressed the start button again to turn off the engine, the car will start again, under the stop start system, and can run until you return which could be hours, so always push the engine start button again when you park up,.! Just goes to show you can't beat a good old ignition key
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:20 PM

Re: Pushbutton start and keyless entry

What stupid design, sack the software engineer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:25 PM

We have a warning sound on ours if that happens or not locking properly
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:29 PM

I wouldn't buy one of those cars without an ignition key.
Don't like the idea at all.
I don't think all technology is for the better.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Oh God no, I couldn't be doing with that. I like to be in control of a car.
My new one has an interesting feature in that the engine completely shuts itself off when stationary and in neutral gear. Depressing the clutch again starts the engine. It saves fuel in the long run I guess.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My new one has an interesting feature in that the engine completely shuts itself off when stationary and in neutral gear. Depressing the clutch again starts the engine. It saves fuel in the long run I guess.
I always switch that function off, after it catches me out on the first occasion, this new car switches it's own headlights on, when it thinks necessary, and changes the background lighting on the dash under certain light conditions.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I always switch that function off, after it catches me out on the first occasion, this new car switches it's own headlights on, when it thinks necessary, and changes the background lighting on the dash under certain light conditions.
It's all getting very clever nowadays isn't it, Spitfire.
They haven't yet perfected the driverless car though, and I think they never will...for instance, will it sense a cat pleasantly preening itself in the middle of the street? Cats move for no-one!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Technology aside, I still prefer the excitement and the Spartan approach of some of the older cars.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 05:46 PM

With stop start cars you may need something like a ctec battery charger if you need to charge the battery.not a normal one
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

That would drive me nuts Floydy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top