Join for free
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 05:00 PM

The Shield

Due to being a night worker during the week, I enjoy watching TV box sets at the weekend. They keep me entertained through the night when I can't sleep.

It's going back a bit (2002-2008) but I'm currently coming to the end of The Shield, a brilliant, gripping and to-the-bone police series set in Los Angeles. Anyone else seen it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Re: The Shield

That's going back a bit. I agree, it was a good series and it had Ben Grimm in the title role.

(The Thing in Fantastic Four for the non-nerds)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's going back a bit. I agree, it was a good series and it had Ben Grimm in the title role.

(The Thing in Fantastic Four for the non-nerds)
Ben Grimm, Judd? Michael Chiklis played the lead character Vic Mackey...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-05-2017, 03:43 PM

Ah I see now...Ben Grimm was the name of The Thing character. It's all becoming clear as mud now
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Ah I see now...Ben Grimm was the name of The Thing character. It's all becoming clear as mud now

Obviously not a big a nerd as me to get the connection right away.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

21-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Obviously not a big a nerd as me to get the connection right away.
No mate, not really into Marvel comic stuff these days
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:37 PM

I watched The Shield again recently. Vic was quite a character, he lived by his own code of ethics. He does some good things amid all the shady stuff.
Then the talented Walton Goggins as Shane Vendrell. Now there is a troubled soul. The cast worked well together and characters were interesting, so you wanted to know what was happening with them.
If you haven't already watched them, then you might like Sons of Anarchy , based around an outlaw motorcycle club, again some very colourful characters or The Sopranos, set in New Jersey around the underboss (Capos)of a Mafia style crime family. Both great shows with some accomplished actors.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top