Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:25 AM

Re: Should l Burst My Blister?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Think I'd ring the nurse at your practice, and see if she will either look at it, or tell you what to do if it gets worse. You don't want to be poorly over the Bank Holiday when little help will be available.
Thank you for your advice, Mups.
I have just rung the surgery and they are going to get the duty doctor to ring me this afternoon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:25 AM

I used to suffer from insect bites.
I find they leave me alone now I use Jungle Formula.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:27 AM

I'm going to get some of that to try today Carol.
I only went out to water some tubs a couple of nights ago, and the nasty little blighters got me twice on the same arm. I always know when it's going to be a troublesome bite because after a while it starts throbbing instead of just itching. These two kept waking me up last night because they hurt.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh my goodness

An OZ internet friend told me they take high doses of one of the B vits, can't remember which one, but she reckoned it stopped her being bitten by most insects, which are apparently BIGGER than ours
I have vitamin a B12 injection every three months, it doesn't look like that's working against them!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank you for your advice, Mups.
I have just rung the surgery and they are going to get the duty doctor to ring me this afternoon.

If that fails, I would do as Rachel said and nip along to the pharmacist and show him before they close.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm going to get some of that to try today Carol.
I only went out to water some tubs a couple of nights ago, and the nasty little blighters got me twice on the same arm. I always know when it's going to be a troublesome bite because after a while it starts throbbing instead of just itching. These two kept waking me up last night because they hurt.
I find Waspeze (sp) quite useful to treat bites, or Eurax lotion or cream

I have vitamin a B12 injection every three months, it doesn't look like that's working against them!
Crikey Art
You must be even tastier than me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I find Waspeze (sp) quite useful to treat bites, or Eurax lotion or cream

Crikey Art
You must be even tastier than me
What? My feet?!! Ha!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks! Carol. I have never heard of that! I have something called Witch Doctor that contains Witch Hazel extract...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:12 PM

Thanks! Carol. I have never heard of that! I have something called Witch Doctor that contains Witch Hazel extract...
I smother my ankles arms etc with it before going out in the garden - also before going a country walk - Problem solved, no more bites.

Good luck this afternoon Art. Let us know how you get on.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Referral to a professional is good advice .....

I use "Incognito" DEET-free products as insect repellents.

The spray is non-greasy, smells "natural" and keeps me from horsefly bites .....

Award-winning incognitoŽ spray

http://www.lessmosquito.com/online-s...o-r-spray.html

It's not cheap but it's heavily discounted at Amazon .....

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top