Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:34 PM

Re: Should l Burst My Blister?

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Referral to a professional is good advice .....

I use "Incognito" DEET-free products as insect repellents.

The spray is non-greasy, smells "natural" and keeps me from horsefly bites .....

Award-winning incognitoŽ spray

http://www.lessmosquito.com/online-s...o-r-spray.html

It's not cheap but it's heavily discounted at Amazon .....
Omah, l sometimes feel embarrassed to contact a doctor, especially, as a blister seems so trivial. Mups said, l should contact them, so l felt more reassured!
I will have a look at the incognito spray!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I got bitten on my big toe and now there is a massive blister on my toe. It is quite sore but feels itchy too.
Should l burst the blister to give me some relief from the discomfort?
Why would you consider this?

Let me ask you . . .

Are you conscious of making that blister?
Did you actively make it happen, did you choose to create that blister?

The answers are of course NO.

So, then, understand that YOU are not your body. On that basis I suggest you just let your body do what it needs to do and don't put obstacles in its way.

The notion that we must "do something" or reach for potions and pills or flock to GPs is imo just brainwashed conditioning.

Do we do that when we cut ourselves chopping vegetables?
Nope. We just keep the wound clean, hold some tissue on it until the bleeding stops, or apply a plaster, and then just let the body get on with what it knows how to do.

A great deal of life is spent hurting the body or putting obstacles in its way and that is why we get sick and ill. The fraudulent corporates trot out all manner of media advertising and nonsense documentaries to convince us to continue putting reliance on them and their snake oil products instead of us just rejoicing in the amazing self reliance that our bodies actually have and afford us.

People are duped, socially conditioned and brainwashed, just worker bees kept in the bee hive that is the commercial world , there to toil endlessly, be kept sick to spend money on useless products ad infinitum.

To wake up from that is to set yourself free.

Seeing is Believing

Seeing is . . . Bee . . . Leaving !

Leave the hive imo.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Let me ask you . . .

So, then, understand that YOU are not your body. On that basis I suggest you just let your body do what it needs to do and don't put obstacles in its way.

The notion that we must "do something" or reach for potions and pills or flock to GPs is imo just brainwashed conditioning.

Nope. We just keep the wound clean, hold some tissue on it until the bleeding stops, or apply a plaster, and then just let the body get on with what it knows how to do.

A great deal of life is spent hurting the body or putting obstacles in its way and that is why we get sick and ill. The fraudulent corporates trot out all manner of media advertising and nonsense documentaries to convince us to continue putting reliance on them and their snake oil products instead of us just rejoicing in the amazing self reliance that our bodies actually have and afford us.

People are duped, socially conditioned and brainwashed, just worker bees kept in the bee hive that is the commercial world , there to toil endlessly, be kept sick to spend money on useless products ad infinitum.

Seeing is Believing

Leave the hive imo.

So, as l have had severe reactions before, you say l should leave it and take the chance that l don't get blood poisoning?
Realist... please show a little compassion now and again!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Let me ask you . . .

Seeing is Believing

Leave the hive imo.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So, as l have had severe reactions before, you say l should leave it and take the chance that l don't get blood poisoning?
Realist... please show a little compassion now and again!
... and I should have just left the bites on my legs which had grown into 2" blisters? for how long?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 01:50 PM

Big softy Southern jessie, stick a pin in it then get back down the mines.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 03:22 PM

Blisters should be left alone, if they burst then do not remove the dead skin, it will only expose the area to infection.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Why do blisters itch so much?? I have a couple on my right foot-think I might pierce them later on and then spray with that antiseptic spray that leaves a layer.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 04:56 PM

Them blood blisters under the fingernail can be painful, my mate did his ( hammerash ) so he cwas in such pain tha he asked me to use my hand drill and a fine steel bit to dill through the nail to release the blood.........it worked.

I have done the same to myself sing a heated needle to pierce the nail.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Them blood blisters under the fingernail can be painful, my mate did his ( hammerash ) so he cwas in such pain tha he asked me to use my hand drill and a fine steel bit to dill through the nail to release the blood.........it worked.

I have done the same to myself sing a heated needle to pierce the nail.
Ouch!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Blisters should be left alone, if they burst then do not remove the dead skin, it will only expose the area to infection.
Should infection set in then maggot therapy may be of benefit .....

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top